Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Will Not Boot After Cydia Upgrade

Default iPhone 3GS Will Not Boot After Cydia Upgrade
    Hello,

I bought my first iPhone 3GS with FW 3.0.1 yesterday and immediately Jailbroke it with RedSn0w with out any problems. Everything was fine until I ran some upgrades that cydia was requesting and then when the Cydia asked to reboot, the phone would no longer start up. The phone will show the apple like its booting up and then turn off.

Now that apple does not allow me to restore with 3.0.1, I dont know what to do.

I went to the AT&T store and they said they could exchange it for a 10% restocking fee which I really dont want to pay.

I tried to downgrade to 3.0 with Sauriks instructions and got the "unknown error (3002)".

I dont want to upgrade to 3.1 because I have not hashed my ECID with Cydia and would like to unlock too.

If you have any ideas on how I can get my phone to work with 3.0.1 please advice.

Greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasmalone View Post
    Hello,

I bought my first iPhone 3GS with FW 3.0.1 yesterday and immediately Jailbroke it with RedSn0w with out any problems. Everything was fine until I ran some upgrades that cydia was requesting and then when the Cydia asked to reboot, the phone would no longer start up. The phone will show the apple like its booting up and then turn off.

Now that apple does not allow me to restore with 3.0.1, I dont know what to do.

I went to the AT&T store and they said they could exchange it for a 10% restocking fee which I really dont want to pay.

I tried to downgrade to 3.0 with Sauriks instructions and got the "unknown error (3002)".

I dont want to upgrade to 3.1 because I have not hashed my ECID with Cydia and would like to unlock too.

If you have any ideas on how I can get my phone to work with 3.0.1 please advice.

Greatly appreciated.
    You aren't going to be able to downgrade or restore to any version other than 3.1 on the 3G[S].

The only way people are able to downgrade is if they follow saurik's process and have their ECID SHSH on file with Cydia...and it sounds like you don't.

Right now your best bet is to wait until the 3.1 jailbreak is released.

Thank you for the response.

So I worked my magic and got the phone swapped for a new one with 3.0.1 on it.

Is it too late to hash the ECID now?

Im confused on what I can do at this point. I do want to unlock in the future and I read if I upgrade to 3.1 I will never be able to do that.

Since my window has closed to hash my ECID thru 3.0.1...what choices do I have?

Thank you for the response.

So I worked my magic and got the phone swapped for a new one with 3.0.1 on it.

Is it too late to hash the ECID now?
    Last edited by vegasmalone; 2009-09-18 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mprziv For This Useful Post:

vegasmalone (2009-09-18)

hey, im having the EXACT same issues and went thruoght your exact process, im just wondering, (beacuse im not planning on unlocking, just jailbreaking) is possible to upgrade to the apple's official firmware 3.1?
    all i have been hearing is that once you upgrade to the official 3.1, you cant unlock, but does that mean i can still jailbreak? or no?
    thanks in advance

Do not upgrade to the offical apple 3.1 or you run the risk of never been able to jailbreak again.

Try this :[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUC1t11JDMA]YouTube - iREB 3.1 [Windows] - How to Get out of a Recovery Mode Loop[/ame]

It gets a phone out of a recovery mode loop , it may help with the boot up problems your having .