Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help with FW3.1 jailbreak on a 2G...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Need some help with FW3.1 jailbreak on a 2G...
    Hi guys, I recently ran into a major problem after jailbreaking my 2G on 3.1.

Everything went fine, and the phone was successfully jailbroken, until this morning when I was playing around with my phone.
    I restarted my phone after I was getting some lag with a few apps, and as I restarted, the phone kept switching back off after about 10-15 seconds at the loading screen. I tried this a few times and got the same result, so I said screw it and tried to restore it again, only this time, I keep getting 1600 error after setting it to DFU mode and jailbreaking it with the same custom firmware.

After a few different failed approaches (including making a new custom firmware, restore in recovery mode instead of DFU, etc) to restore the phone, I successfully got my phone to work again by restoring with the official 3.1 firmware that I downloaded off mmi.
    "Hey maybe I can jailbreak it back now that the phone's working again" I thought.... Nope, still doesn't work, still giving me 1600 error in DFU and 1604 error in Recovery. Does anyone know what's wrong with my phone? Am I bricked?

have you tried deleting the device-support-file?
    under windows 7 (and I think vista) it should be in
    %Appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support\

in xp (and maybe vista, if the above didn't work) it should be
    %Appdata%\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support\

if you're using mac os x report back, then I'll have to look it up.

there should be a file inside that folder that is called something like x122000_5_Recovery.ipsw or something. delete it. then start itunes, then try to restore again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    LOL unfortunately I am indeed using a Mac... But I'll try to search for the file when I get home in an hour.

Yeah so I found the file and deleted it, then tried restoring again... No dice.
    Any other solutions?
    Last edited by mungorgor; 2009-09-17 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost