Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Going to buy a iPhone 3GS Today

  1. #1
    Default Going to buy a iPhone 3GS Today
    Are the new iPhone 3GS out of luck to be jailbreak now? I was reading Saurik's blog about iPhone 3GS user signature that apple now disallowed. What does that mean to new iPhone 3GS owner now?

  2. #2
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm going to be purchasing my new iPhone 3GS in a couple of weeks when my contract expires and I'm looking forward to jailbreaking it. I've read Saurik's blog and I'm not sure what's the first thing I need to do when I buy the iPhone.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life Simtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    2,387
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 304 Times in 276 Posts

    If it comes with 3.1 you can't do anything yet.
    You have to wait until 3.1 jailbreak.

  4. #4
    What if I am able to find a 3.0.1? Will I be able to Jailbreak and unlock? Because in Saurik's blog he mentioned about "user signed firmware by apple" and that deadline has now passed. I am wondering what that will affect the new 3GS owner even if we are able to get a 3.0.1?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekkle View Post
    What if I am able to find a 3.0.1? Will I be able to Jailbreak and unlock? Because in Saurik's blog he mentioned about "user signed firmware by apple" and that deadline has now passed. I am wondering what that will affect the new 3GS owner even if we are able to get a 3.0.1?
    This is what Im wondering.. I have an Iphone 3gs on its way to me right now, and it was bought in a at&t store like 3 weeks ago or so so im positive its not the 3.1 FW. But im not sure if its 3.0 or 3.0.1. Sooo is it only the 3.0 FW that we are able to jailbreak right now using purplera1n? Or can the 3.0.1 also be jailbroken? IM CONFUSED right now.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    Mine came with 3.0.1 on it yesterday and I JB it no problem.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Niner1000RR For This Useful Post:

    2fast4lv (2009-09-16)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    Mine came with 3.0.1 on it yesterday and I JB it no problem.
    Thats good news for me! Cause I wont be able to use my 3gs without JB/unlock :P

  9. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    I didn't unlock mine, but yea JB'd!

  10. #9
    gotcha.. but if JB work, unlock should be no problem.

    I hope, atleast..

  11. #10
    This is to clarify to those who will be buying a 3GS:

    . If your 3GS come with 3.0 or 3.0.1 in the box, well, youre lucky, and it CAN be unlocked and Jailbroken as usual. BUT if you screw it up and need to do a restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1, you will NOT be able to do so. Instead, itunes will restore your 3GS to 3.1. So, at this time, be very careful if you do jailbreak your new 3GS and install Cydia's application.

    . If your new 3GS come with 3.1. It CANNOT be jailbroken or unlocked at this time. It will be even harder and take more time to have a jailbreak/unlock software for your NIB 3GS 3.1 to come out. Because your baseband will be the newest baseband.
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to istorm For This Useful Post:

    2fast4lv (2009-09-16)

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    This is to clarify to those who will be buying a 3GS:

    . If your 3GS come with 3.0 or 3.0.1 in the box, well, youre lucky, and it CAN be unlocked and Jailbroken as usual. BUT if you screw it up and need to do a restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1, you will NOT be able to do so. Instead, itunes will restore your 3GS to 3.1. So, at this time, be very careful if you do jailbreak your new 3GS and install Cydia's application.

    . If your new 3GS come with 3.1. It CANNOT be jailbroken or unlocked at this time. It will be even harder and take more time to have a jailbreak/unlock software for your NIB 3GS 3.1 to come out. Because your baseband will be the newest baseband.

    Thats what I thought, thanks for confirming it.

    Another Q: What should I do before I Jailbreak my 3.0.x, ie what files need to be stored/saved for future JB/Unlock before I mod it? I really need that unlock later on with the 3.1!

    Thanks guys

  14. #12
    Here is a how to:

    Grab and get Signed your ECID for iPhone 3GS OS 3.1 | iPhone 3G S

    Or wait for Saurik to turn on the "Make my life easier" again!
    Last edited by istorm; 2009-09-16 at 01:23 PM.
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4lv View Post
    Thats what I thought, thanks for confirming it.

    Another Q: What should I do before I Jailbreak my 3.0.x, ie what files need to be stored/saved for future JB/Unlock before I mod it? I really need that unlock later on with the 3.1!

    Thanks guys
    ok, here's the thing: even if your phone comes with 3.0 or 3.0.1, you MAYBE won't be able to upgrade to a higher firmware FOREVER - if you need to unlock it. then it is possible (even likely I think) that you can never upgrade to something higher than 3.0.1. if you only need the JB, you should be fine I guess.

  16. #14
    I don't care about the unlock feature. I only want to jailbreak my 3GS when I pick it up in a few weeks. Hopefully Saurik will open it up again to save the ECID and I don't have to worry about the rest of it.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •