Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mod help please?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes I did. What program am I supposed to be using to open the file? The default program listed is def not the correct one. Firefox doesnt show as an option even though i have it downloaded and working.?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

you should be able to just click on the file and extract it with WinRar or 7-Zip. It is a .zip file called redsn0w-win0.8.zip It will have the .exe built in it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

The_Closer (2009-09-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was able to search and find firefox to try to open the file, but it just opened a blank webpage (untitled) ?? 2am,tired...work 2morrow. I guess I screwed myself for the day. I have no phone or text all day tomorrow, until I figure this out.

I dont believe I have either of those programs.?? Where can I dl those?
    Last edited by The_Closer; 2009-09-14 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Firefox is a web browser like I E except more stable, Google it and get it.
    WinRar or 7-zip you can Google and are free also, you will need them to extract .zip files
    Sorry my friend, it's not for a lack of trying. We've been at this for over 5 hours now. I am usually always on line after about 11 o'clock Mountain time so you can catch me then and we can continue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

The_Closer (2009-09-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

At work now, on win-xp. Downloaded all the necessary files. After clicking on redsnow.exe and using the browse option the fw foder is appearing empty again. i tried renaming it to ipsw instead of .zip, but no dice this time?? ...I'm almost there
    BTW- last time, on my home pc, after changing the file name to .ipsw ... the logo for the file changed to the little "lego block looking" emblem,(like in tutorial) and then I had access also. That did not happen on this pc. It still is a stack of books with a belt around it, like a .zip file still.??
    THX!
    Last edited by The_Closer; 2009-09-14 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Closer View Post
    At work now, on win-xp. Downloaded all the necessary files. After clicking on redsnow.exe and using the browse option the fw foder is appearing empty again. i tried renaming it to ipsw instead of .zip, but no dice this time?? ...I'm almost there
    BTW- last time, on my home pc, after changing the file name to .ipsw ... the logo for the file changed to the little "lego block looking" emblem,(like in tutorial) and then I had access also. That did not happen on this pc. It still is a stack of books with a belt around it, like a .zip file still.??
    THX!
    you have to show file extensions. I'm not quite sure how it works in XP, but it has to be something like extras -> folder or something in windows explorer.

btw: where are you loading your IPSW from? because normally they are not zipped ^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

The_Closer (2009-09-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yup. I had already done that the way I did for Vista, but I had to force it to show file extensions. Worked after that. J/B'ing now. THX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Closer View Post
    Yup. I had already done that the way I did for Vista, but I had to force it to show file extensions. Worked after that. J/B'ing now. THX!!!
    let's hope it works

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

The_Closer (2009-09-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

dl of ipsw was from a link blk cadi provided me on like page 1 of this post. BTW- the 3.0 fw for 2g iphones page, from the guide links above is gone. I had to use blk cadi's link because of that.

OMG. That was easy. I didn't realize redsn0w j/b's AND unlock's also. Worked like a charm. Would have been a 5min process not 5+hrs yesterday if I didnt have Vista.

I think I screwed mysrlf tho. I thought my contacts were all saved to my sim?? I synced itunes on my home pc, for my music and vids, but had assumed(like a fool) that contacts were on the sim. Any advice? Syncing w. my home pc wont help me with contacts huh?

Nvmd. I found the import sim contacts function on phone. Thank god!!! Hopefully my music library syncs easily when I get home. Phone working fine tho. Cydia, and all... WOOO HOOOO!
    YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I'm gonna tell every1 about this site! Special thanks to blk cadi and her patience!!!
    Last edited by The_Closer; 2009-09-14 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can get all your contacts music and photos just by syncing with iTunes. So glad to hear that it worked for you. You earned your stripes buddy. Now your an iPhone Jailbreak pro. Enjoy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123