Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 3.1 Using Sim Card Inserts

Default Unlocking 3.1 Using Sim Card Inserts
    Hi Guys

I am currently jailbroken and unlocked but am aware that there is a risk that I may be forced to upgrade if my phone encounters a problem.

A smart phone is pretty much mission critical for me so I cannot afford to be without one.

I remember in the "early" iPhone days there were unlock solutions using Sim card "inserts", do these still work and would they work in in the interim if a software solution has not been found?

Thanks

Kaid

Quote Originally Posted by Kaid View Post
    Hi Guys

I am currently jailbroken and unlocked but am aware that there is a risk that I may be forced to upgrade if my phone encounters a problem.

A smart phone is pretty much mission critical for me so I cannot afford to be without one.

I remember in the "early" iPhone days there were unlock solutions using Sim card "inserts", do these still work and would they work in in the interim if a software solution has not been found?

Thanks

Kaid
    even in the old days those solutions didn't work very good. people using them experienced that they sometimes didn't work at all, caused bad signal, dropped calls or other weird stuff.

let's say I wouldn't risk it. just don't let your phone encounter a problem ;-) don't do any critical system-related stuff until 3.1 is jailbroken and unlocked.
    oh, and btw, saurik said he would post a tutorial on how to downgrade to 3.0 on the 3GS tomorrow. if that works well it doesn't matter anyway

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I still have my old rebel turbo-sim laying around. Used it while waiting for a 3G unlock. It worked pretty good, but like everything else, had a few glitches.

But I just checked, it only supports 2.2.1 at the moment. We'll probably have a dev-team solution before rebel can offer 3.x support.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Even if ^ I found that on Gevey it wasn't as good as devteam's yellowsn0w/ultrasn0w. I only used the Gevey cuz I accidentally upgraded and couldn't use yellowsn0w anymore (before ultrasn0w's release months later). So be careful and just wait =)

P.S. Rebel or Gevey hasn't released any new turbo sims for 3.x have they?