Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: going to 1.1.4 from 1.0.2!!

Default going to 1.1.4 from 1.0.2!!
    So I havent updated in a while ... I love 1.0.2 so much and there was nothing but headaches surrounding most firmware jail breaks after that.

Im ready to move on to 1.1.4

can I just do a restore in itunes the use ziphone ..or will I have isses getting 1.1.4 on to my jailbroken 1.0.2

obviously I dont want a brick ...I havent found anyone migrating from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4

so if sdomeone could point in the correct direction I would apprecaite it !

I've heard ppl say that you can do that (go directly to 1.1.4 through restore) but I would recommend you first virginize your phone using the i.unlock method and then upgrade directly to 1.1.4 through restore and use ziphone

I posted the instructions in the thread above yours

I'll post here too, if it helps:

no elaborate process for virginizing; it is done automatic through installer- just do this:

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never

2. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.

3. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed. If it's installed it's listed in "Uninstall", if not listed, tap on Install and goto the System category and install it.

4. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes to complete.

Now restore through itunes to 1.1.4 and use ziphone

---all in all, a 20 minute process max!--
    Last edited by TheHK; 2008-03-15 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

pingywon (2008-03-15)