Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: When JB-ing do u leave the SIM in? Also must u activate the deice in itunes too?

Default When JB-ing do u leave the SIM in? Also must u activate the deice in itunes too?
    Quick question please guys:

I've been having the usual difficulty Jail-breaking. I'm on OS 3.00 using a 16gb 3g

I've been successful using Red Sn0w but I cannot get the unlock with yellowsn0w to work, I've done every thing by the book or atleast the iclarified web-site.

Tell me please; must I keep the sim from the original carrier provider (02) in or out through this process, or does it not make a difference ?

Also when you've restored in itunes should you activate the phone or not?

Thanks, Adam K

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Keep the sim in there and let it activate in itunes

if you have an original sim that you can use, activate through itunes, it's to prefer. but you don't HAVE TO.

but you won't have any success as long as you use yellowsnow. ultrasn0w is used for unlocking now.
    also, I think I read that if you activated through itunes, you should leave your original sim in the iphone while using redsn0w. I would switch the sim before installing ultrasn0w, though it shouldn't matter.

Oh God, what an Idiot I'am.

Of course it's been so long since I needed to JB that I totally forgot that Ultrasn0w is the one and not yellowsn0w.

All that Sn0w and all those colours. I is back to JB normality and thanks you guys kindly.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

glad you got it