Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a lilttle help with voicemail problem

Default Need a lilttle help with voicemail problem
    I tried running the mms app and it didn't work and it screwed up my voicemail so I deleted it and everything seemed to go back to normal,EXCEPT, I am not getting my voicemails now. when you call my phone it goes to my voicemail, shows as a missed call, but no voicemail. I have rebooted the phone several times, restarted spingboard numberous times and still no voicemail. can anyone help me out here? when I go into the phone it shows a voicemail option but when I click on it it only shows "deleted" and no new ones???

Had the same issue here on both my 3G and 3GS ; both non-JB 3.1 phones. After much searching and trial and error, i've found a solution which worked flawlessly for me. [OS X] Plug phone in, run iTunes, Option click Update Phone, locate /Users/[user]/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support/[file].ipcc ... For AT&T it is ATT_US.ipcc ...

Doing this will essentially wipe all traces of custom ipcc you may have previously applied (Tethering / MMS). Interestingly, my 3GS retained MMS since I had it configured on the AT&T side - so didn't loose it. The other phone did loose it (camera icon).

Hope this helps you... The methods which did not work for me where a) removing the Profile, b) resetting network preferences, c) changing APN ... On both phones I had lost "Voicemail" from /Settings/General/Network/Carrier settings..

Cheers