Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pulling 3GS out of DFU mode

Default pulling 3GS out of DFU mode
    hey guys

i mistakenly put my 32gb 3gs running 3.0 into DFU and i cant seem to pull it out

i dock it with itunes and tryed a restore but now im getting the new "upgrade to 3.1" message

im sure the phone is fine if i could just pull it out of DFU

does anyone know how to get a 3gs out of DFU?

edit: got it, press and hold power and home for 15 seconds then press and hold power for 2 seconds
    Last edited by rolin7; 2009-09-12 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it still in DFU mode at black screen? I did the same thing yesterday. I have 32gb 3gs and i put mine in dfu mode. I got out of it by just holding home and power button for 5 sec and then turning on the phone by hitting power button. Turned on no problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to afkrazy For This Useful Post:

Crysis Faction (2009-09-26)

btw you don't need to hold power seperatly. just hold power+home until you see the apple

thanks...

now, i asked the phone to delete all settings and user content

now its sitting on the apple logo, sits for around 10mins, resets, and gos back to the apple logo

been waiting 2 hours now, any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolin7 View Post
    thanks...

now its sitting on the apple logo, sits for around 10mins, resets, and gos back to the apple logo

on a jailbroken iphone,
    you NEVER EVER EVER EVER wanna hit reset ALL settings.

time to restore.

ahhhhhhh! that sucks, i need JB, cant restore 3.0.1 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rolin7 View Post
    thanks...

that's funny because the EXACT same things happened to me yesterday. wtf is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    on a jailbroken iphone,
    you NEVER EVER EVER EVER wanna hit reset ALL settings.

time to restore.
    not true. what reason would there be for that? you can erase whatever the hell you like, JB or not. I did it lots of times. only this time it failed.
    oh, and you can't restore on a 3GS right now, so now I can't use my phone ... sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    that's funny because the EXACT same things happened to me yesterday. wtf is going on?

not true. what reason would there be for that? you can erase whatever the hell you like, JB or not. I did it lots of times. only this time it failed.
    oh, and you can't restore on a 3GS right now, so now I can't use my phone ... sucks

ok, so i guess we leave the phones bricked and wait it out a few days.. i got my old 3g so its not the end of the world.

i dont wanna go put 3.1 on it only to find out later i cant unlock, i travel a lot overseas so i need this b1tch to work with other sims

out of interest, i put it into DFU and ran redsnow to see if it would allow the phone to boot again, it started working and went all the way through but crashed on the last step