Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: urgent help !

Exclamation urgent help !
    Helo. My friend gave me his iphone and told me that he update his iphone without knowing to what version sooo i tried to restore the mobile to 3.0 to jailbreak with redsn0w but am getting error on itunes 8.2 1015 when am restoring. Anyone know how to fix it

Thanks

Not sure what you r doing wrong - but must be something.
    OK: Do like this;
    1 - Download FW 3.0 here: iPhone Firmwares download | iPhone Firmware
    2 - Read & read the tutorials here: redsn0w. Once done read again.
    3 - Restore in iTunes make sure to MANUALLY select the downloaded FW 3.0 (Not 3.0.1)
    4 - Make sure!!! to set up the phone as a NEW phone in iTunes (Do NOT use any backup)
    5 - Run redsn0w 0.8 downloaded from http://www.quickpwn.com/redsn0w

You should now be having a massive grin on your face.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

My flaming phone was not synching (bought it secondhand, see other thread) and keeping all the old stuff on it.

Now I am downloading iTunes 8.2 and doing an erase all settings on the iPhone

At least it's firmware 3.0 still, so I have a chance of unlocking

To be honest I think it's an iTunes 9 problem, though 2 hour wait for the iPhone to erase is annoying

Thanks

whatever you do.... DO it FAST!!!

Haha, I only wish that were true, just seems a long time especially when you are a bit nervous whether the 300 you shelled out is gonna be a white elephant.

Soon as everything is sorted I can relax, only wish I'd tried getting the older iTunes before this, but at least it will be a clean install. I predict a late night

i know all this steps but the problem is at the end of the restore itunes give me a error message (error 1015) i search another forms they told me even if you get error 1050 on iphone 3g you can use redsnow to jailbreak and then unlock so i used the redsnow and now am stuck in jailbreaking on screen (installing Activation bundles) ????????