Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on 3.0.1

Thanks

Default 3GS on 3.0.1
    I have a 3gs JB on 3.0.1, I've heard/read that I can't downgrade to the 3.0 is this true? I might have mis-read a post plus the fact that I'm not very good iPhone and jailbreaking. So any help would be nice.

Thank You

yeah, it's actually all over the forum. 3.0 and 3.0.1 are not signed by apple anymore -> you can only go to 3.1 on a 3GS.
    on 3G and 2G you can do whatever you like

Thanks

So if I go to 3.1 I can't re-jail break until a dev team comes out with a way too correct?

If that's the case I'll just be doing the update on the 25th and hope it won't be an OS update

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    yeah, it's actually all over the forum. 3.0 and 3.0.1 are not signed by apple anymore -> you can only go to 3.1 on a 3GS.
    on 3G and 2G you can do whatever you like
    Oh also, if I'm on 3.0.1 will I still be ok even though it's not "signed by apple"
    Last edited by gary86; 2009-09-11 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that's correct. if you have 3GS I hope you captured your ibec and ibss files? if you didn't, I'm not sure if you can even jailbreak, but you sure can't unlock your phone anymore. jailbreak should be possible via redsn0w I guess, but we'll have to see what the dev team comes up with.

I would stay away from the 3.1 upgrade until the dev team releases the appropiate tools in any case. it shouldn't take too long hopefully.

Thanks

Why do you want to downgrade to begin with? 3.0 and 3.0.1 are basically identical and you can jailbreak while @ 3.0.1, just use the 3.0 firmware while in redsn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    that's correct. if you have 3GS I hope you captured your ibec and ibss files? if you didn't, I'm not sure if you can even jailbreak, but you sure can't unlock your phone anymore. jailbreak should be possible via redsn0w I guess, but we'll have to see what the dev team comes up with.

I would stay away from the 3.1 upgrade until the dev team releases the appropiate tools in any case. it shouldn't take too long hopefully.
    I didn't JB my phone "Traiman" did, he remoted into my laptop, very helpful. Well I don't wanna unlock my phone I'm using it on AT&T. I just like it JB so I can use cydia and Icy. But I'm going to stick to 3.0.1 and hope the update on the 25th is just a carrier update and doesn't mess with my jail break.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Why do you want to downgrade to begin with? 3.0 and 3.0.1 are basically identical and you can jailbreak while @ 3.0.1, just use the 3.0 firmware while in redsn0w.
    I was just curious!