Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Blocking Restore of 3.0/3.0.1 Firmware

  1. #41
    I am on 3.01 - it's a 3Gs and from what I have been reading I have to select the 3.0 as firmware but at the moment we are not able to downgrade so how did you or anyone else jailbreak???

    I've been searching and writing this all over and it doesn't seem anyone has an answer so can you please tell me.

    Thanks.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kally View Post
    I am on 3.01 - it's a 3Gs and from what I have been reading I have to select the 3.0 as firmware but at the moment we are not able to downgrade so how did you or anyone else jailbreak???

    I've been searching and writing this all over and it doesn't seem anyone has an answer so can you please tell me.

    Thanks.
    iclarified.com has excellent tutorials on this. you have to select 3.0 in redsn0w, not itunes - even if you are on 3.0.1.

  3. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Type "3.0.1 jailbreak" in to YouTube! There's a fair few guides! If your still having trouble I'll help you more when I get home, out atm...

    Matt

  4. #44
    Kally's problem seems to be that he does not have the FW 3.0 on his HDD, and apple has blocked it from being Downloaded, so he needs that FW to be able to "Select" it in Redsn0w.. That is what I get from his posts.

    @Kally;
    Just google "iPhone 3GS 3.0 FW" im sure you will find someplace to DL it safely.
    Last edited by Taji; 2009-09-13 at 06:27 PM.

  5. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I wonder, is there a way to either make your iphone 3Gs appear in itunes as a 3g or have itunes check a different database in order to sign older firmwares? I remember having to edit itunes before to look to a different site for a hack, would it be possible to do so for people to downgrade from 3.1?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo26222 View Post
    This works 100%. I was running 3.0.1 jailbroke and I restored to 3.1. I followed this video and it successfully downgraded to 3.0.1 and carrier to 4.0. Modem firmware is still at 05.11.07. 3G 16gb

    I just jailbreaked with redsnow and now am back to 3.0.1 jailbroke. The only difference that I can see is that my baseband is still at the 3.1 version.
    Last edited by BackSpacer; 2009-09-14 at 03:54 AM. Reason: jailbreak update

  7. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kally View Post
    I am on 3.01 - it's a 3Gs and from what I have been reading I have to select the 3.0 as firmware but at the moment we are not able to downgrade so how did you or anyone else jailbreak???

    I've been searching and writing this all over and it doesn't seem anyone has an answer so can you please tell me.

    Thanks.
    I used the tutorial on this site ..was very simple and redsnow makes it so easy even a complete novice can do it imo ..just follow the on screen prompts
    Last edited by eejit; 2009-09-16 at 07:48 PM. Reason: bad info

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Works for the 3g for sure, thanks!!!

  9. #49
    What's Jailbreak? FusionZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    FYI - I'm on a 3GS with 3.0 firmware jailbroken and my phone shutoff today and then said restore needed! I was on the phone at the time...

    Now when I try to restore I cannot! Something about the signatures and such! Any ideas?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by FusionZ06 View Post
    FYI - I'm on a 3GS with 3.0 firmware jailbroken and my phone shutoff today and then said restore needed! I was on the phone at the time...

    Now when I try to restore I cannot! Something about the signatures and such! Any ideas?
    It sounds like I have bad news for you Mr. FusionZ06. It sounds to me like you or someone with access to your computer followed the onscreen prompts from iTunes and upgraded to iTunes 9.0, which will not let you downgrade to 3.0 hence will not let you restore 3.0 either. This is the other side of Apple's plan to block jailbreaks. iTunes 9.0 WILL NOT restore or downgrade to 3.0. It basically forces 3.0.1 and then you lose your jailbreak, and at this moment in time, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Less you got a friend with iTunes 8.2? THEN you could downgrade. If you can manage that, all you'll have to do is restore to 3.0.1, downgrade to 3.0 and re-jailbreak. I'm not sure what iTunes 9.0 does with backups though.....

    But, the Dev Team is working on a 9.0 patch and it should be released within a few weeks probably.

    I could be way wrong, but it sounds like what happened to me.

  11. #51
    What's Jailbreak? FusionZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Nasty View Post
    It sounds like I have bad news for you Mr. FusionZ06. It sounds to me like you or someone with access to your computer followed the onscreen prompts from iTunes and upgraded to iTunes 9.0, which will not let you downgrade to 3.0 hence will not let you restore 3.0 either. This is the other side of Apple's plan to block jailbreaks. iTunes 9.0 WILL NOT restore or downgrade to 3.0. It basically forces 3.0.1 and then you lose your jailbreak, and at this moment in time, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Less you got a friend with iTunes 8.2? THEN you could downgrade. If you can manage that, all you'll have to do is restore to 3.0.1, downgrade to 3.0 and re-jailbreak. I'm not sure what iTunes 9.0 does with backups though.....

    But, the Dev Team is working on a 9.0 patch and it should be released within a few weeks probably.

    I could be way wrong, but it sounds like what happened to me.
    Uh...

    No. Been on 8.2 for quite sometime.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by FusionZ06 View Post
    Uh...

    No. Been on 8.2 for quite sometime.
    Yep. You're right. When I wrote this I had a skewed understanding of what exactly was going on. I'm sure you know by now, but reguardless of iTunes version, when a restore is performed iTunes communicates with the Apple servers. And they are no longer signing off on any 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware. Sooooo, if you din't get your IBEC and IBSS prior Midnight September 10th (I believe), you aren't going to ever restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1. All you can do at this point is upgrade to 3.1 and wait for the 3.1 JB and then MAKE sure to change your host to Saurik's server so that the IBES and IBSS gets rerouted to his servers. That way the NEXT time Apple tries to screw us over, you'll have your IBEC and IBSS on file and will be able to stay jailbroken forever! Sorry about being wrong though dude........

  13. #53
    Default hi
    so if i have 3gs 3.0 but itunes doesnt let me restore it what
    can i do??? the phone doesnt work at all ...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by golan_yo View Post
    so if i have 3gs 3.0 but itunes doesnt let me restore it what
    can i do??? the phone doesnt work at all ...
    there are like 100.000 posts about this, seriously
    you can't do anything. you cannot restore to 3.0 if you didn't save your ECID in cydia. if your iphone doesn't work, you have to wait for a new version of pwnagetool that works with 3.1 3GS firmware, sorry.

  15. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lampcov View Post
    Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

    I tried to restore my 3GS to 3.0.1, which it's currently running, and received the following message from iTunes, which I assume is a result of connecting to the Apple servers:

    "...could not be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build."

    The only Google result included a comment saying that Apple is essentially forcing any phone that is to be restored onto 3.1.1. This is NOT good news for a) corporate users who aren't allowed to upgrade at will, or b) jailbreakers who just want to get a fresh start (guess which I am....both!)

    Anyone else experience this and/or find a way around it....

    Marc
    What iTunes version are you running? iTunes 9 wont work. You'll have to do it on 8.2

    woops...this is referring to 3GS...may be it's different
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-21 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •