Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreaking on vista64 w/iphone 3g

Default jailbreaking on vista64 w/iphone 3g
    ok, so ive read and read and read... once i thought i was ready to go, i read some more.. then i proceed to jailbreak my dads iphone 3g (because he needs to use his iphone as a modem for his laptop on the road) and little did i know that redsn0w doesnt work on 64bit boxes..

well that blows.. i would just use a 32bit box, but we dont have one around.. (anymore)

after some more reading i find that i might be able to use libusb to get this working, but all the links im finding are for iphone 2g's, and untethered...

first things first..

is there a program that i can jailbreak a iphone 3g, within vista64?

am i going to have to install libusb and deal with all that hassle?

can anyone directl me to some info that is specific to my situation on jailbreaking the 3g?

thanks,

Thanks

I used OSx86 on an external USB HD and booted on that - worked just fine.
    (My WiFi and LAN though did not like OSx86 - so I had to download required SW pre starting)
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

xlr8shun (2009-09-09)

thats always an idea...

wouldnt mind having that around to play with anyway..

but, any other options besides installing another OS?

Thanks

Redsn0w supports 64bit.. doesn't it?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

everytime redsn0w starts to jailbreak, it crashes...

from my searchin, no the only thing that supports 64 bit at the moment is puprlera1n (3gs only) or get os x....

*cry*

Thanks

Found this tutorial after some surfing [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140836][Tutorial] Win-64 Bit RS Jailbreak with LIBUSB - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

Have not tried it though
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

xlr8shun (2009-09-10)

ok so then libusb will work for the 3g, i seen this before when i was doing my searches so im familar with the process (what a hassle) i just wasnt sure if this worked for the 3g iphone, everything ive seen tutorials for, using this method, is for ipod touch..

i ended up at my girlfriends, using her XP box to do this (went perfect, first time, like 2 min max).. if i need to jailbreak again, its good to know that i can use the libusb..

thanks again for everyones help, its much appreciated.

Guaranteed solution I had same issue and figured out if you boot in safe mode redsn0w jailbreaks perfectly and smooth so give it a try

Thanks

Yes. Safe mode works.. And some people said turning off anti-virus too.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

do you need to do safe mode with networking, or without?

I tried last month without success to get my iPhone 3G (3.0.1) jailbroken on my 64bit Vista box.

i have CA A/V and i have tried disabling that then running redsn0w, it also didnt work for me, i did not try safemode, will keep that in mind for next time..

thanks

Default Redsn0w .8 is supported by Vista 64-bit
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8shun View Post
    ok, so ive read and read and read... once i thought i was ready to go, i read some more.. then i proceed to jailbreak my dads iphone 3g (because he needs to use his iphone as a modem for his laptop on the road) and little did i know that redsn0w doesnt work on 64bit boxes..

well that blows.. i would just use a 32bit box, but we dont have one around.. (anymore)

after some more reading i find that i might be able to use libusb to get this working, but all the links im finding are for iphone 2g's, and untethered...

first things first..

is there a program that i can jailbreak a iphone 3g, within vista64?

am i going to have to install libusb and deal with all that hassle?

can anyone directl me to some info that is specific to my situation on jailbreaking the 3g?

thanks,
    Actually thats not true at all about Vista 64bit not being supported. I have that on my laptop and was able to run RedSn0w .8 without any problems whatsoever. I even tried it on my other 64-bit pc and it runs fine too.

Most likely another application that is running in the background is causing the crash for ya.

I had Norton IS 2009 running at the time and it never complained.