Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Battery Depleting every minute!

Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Battery Depleting every minute!
    As you read from the title, my iPhone 3G battery is depleting every minute or so. This happened after I jailbroke it from 2.2 to 3.0 firmware. Everything is turned off besides my phone process which is also unlocked for T-Mobile but besides that, nothing else. Each time I charge, when I plug in my phone... it jumps a few %. For example, it was at 90% and I plugged it in after the screen went black and then I hit the lock button to see what the % is... it jumps to 95% in a matter of 5 seconds. So.. I thought that I needed to drain my battery completely to get rid of this problem so I did. But the problem didn't go away, I drained it completely to 0% and turned it back on.... it jumped from 0% to 16%; from red to green in once again, seconds. So I'm a little worried now... I have this phone since February of 2009. It has never been dropped, the only thing I have done with it is jail broken it obviously to use it for T-Mobile but I didn't have the same problem as before with my 2.2 firmware. If you know a solution please reply, any replies are appreciated.

P.S. I also tried restoring it back a few times but I still get the same result.

Other things about my iPhone:
    White
    16GB
    3G
    3.0 Firmware (JailBroken)
    Unlocked
    No winterboard

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bits
    RedSn0w to jailbreak
    Last edited by k3u; 2009-09-06 at 06:08 AM.

I would start by restoring the phone and starting over. No telling whats causing the battery drain.

Best bet would be restore and using the phone stock for a day or so. If the problem persists you might wanna take it to Apple, could be a hardware issue that would be warrantied.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I would start by restoring the phone and starting over. No telling whats causing the battery drain.

Best bet would be restore and using the phone stock for a day or so. If the problem persists you might wanna take it to Apple, could be a hardware issue that would be warrantied.
    By stock do you mean using it without jailbreaking it? If so I can't :/ I don't have AT&T and so it would just show the "Sync to use" screen or something like that unless I jailbreak it again which defeats the purpose of using it as a stock I'm assuming.

^Well then restore and rejailbreak. Just use what ya got too for a day or so, see if it helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

k3u (2009-09-06)

Thanks

^Well then restore and rejailbreak. Just use what ya got too for a day or so, see if it helps.
    Alright, I'll try. :P Also another question, will the Apple store give me a new iPhone if I have it "Unsynced" with the battery defection? I have T-Mobile and not AT&T so wouldn't they be suspicious of me unlocking my iPhone even though I have to restore it before giving it to them.

Well warranty is NOT dependent on activation. So just bring it to them cleanly restored and it doesnt matter. If they ask tell em you took your sim out and put it into another phone, they cant argue. And let them know the warranty doesnt matter for ATT activation, they cant argue.

Thanks

Well warranty is NOT dependent on activation. So just bring it to them cleanly restored and it doesnt matter. If they ask tell em you took your sim out and put it into another phone, they cant argue. And let them know the warranty doesnt matter for ATT activation, they cant argue.
    I never knew that! Thanks for your quick replies, they were really helpful. (: Good forums in general, I'd say the best iPhone forums with the fastest response.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Turn off everything your not using, WIFI, Bluetooth, 3G, Notifications.

I noticed that with notifications turned on, my battery doesn't last a day
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

I wonder if upgrading to 3.1 would fix this problem, if anyone has a solution to it then please post. Like I said any comments will be appreciated.

P.S. I have disabled everything possible and use nothing but the cellular process and I have SBSettings running but that is about it. This started to happened right after I had upgraded to 3.0 firmware.

try to restore to FW 2.2 and then upgrade to 3.0.1 and after that jailbreak at FW 3.0.1
    GOOD LUCK