Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard Tutorial

Question Winterboard Tutorial
    Can someone please link me to a page where they fully explain what winterboard can do and how you do it?

I know there's a good one at hackthatphone.com but sometimes it doesn't work and it doesn't really explain about the program itself

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    Not sure that there is a really in depth tutorial on winterboard. Certainly you can Google and find out tons. Here is one that I have given new members but it still doesn't explain everything.
    One of the most important things to remember is that Winterboard works in a priority, meaning that what ever is on top of the list takes priority over all that are below. There are 3 hash marks on the right hand side of each item, you can move themes and tweaks up and down in the menu. So say a theme has SMS bubbles and you have downloaded another set in Cydia that you want to use, you just move that above the theme and it will apply.
    You can do a search here on the forum for just about anything you would like to do or post a question as you have.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-04 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks,

But your link just takes me back to this same page...

Thanks

opps sorry, fixed now. try again.

That's pretty good, but I've already used it quite a bit so I'm looking for something more in depth..

Thanks

What is it that you are trying to do? Perhaps we can help.

Would it be possible to install a new font on the phone "Super Mario Bros." (for my Mario theme)?

From winterboard because when I upload it to cydia, I'd like it to be installed on others phone as well.

Thanks

Why not use Font Swap in Cydia?

But I'd kinda like it to be able to be put into a theme so when I upload it other users will have it as well.

Or, does Font Swap allow me to do that?

Thanks

no it does not, but if you download the font, certainly you can SSH into the your phone, pull it out and then use it for your theme or Google for the font too.
    You sure would have saved me a bunch of typing before if you had asked what it was you were trying to accomplish, lmfao.

Sorry,

how do I download my font onto my phone?

Thanks

use font swap for the file, then SSH into your phone and pull the file would be the easiest way.
    You need openSSH from Cydia and also an app like Cyberduck to access files

Sorry for being such a n00b but I'm having a problem.

I went to /var/mobile/Library/FontSwap/Packages/Notes Fonts with cyberduck (I used to use it as my FTP browser for my Mario Planet - Mario Toys website). I then created a new folder called "Mario Planet.font" within that folder I added 3 files

1. info.plist which I just copied from a previous font folder and changed it to fit mine
    2. the SuperMarioBros.tff font file
    3. and the preview.png which I again copied from the 'default' font folder and then added a preview of my font.

I rebooted my phone and then went to fontswap to test out my Notes font. I clicked on the notes and then on Mario Planet and it gave me the following alert:

Selected font package appears to have missing fonts and cannot be installed on the device.

Any ideas?!