Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a little help please

Unhappy a little help please
    hi,
    I ws trying to unlock update my 3g and accidently choose 3.0 fw for 2g phone with redsnOw.8.
    While realising the error (coz it got stuck at jailbreaking)i chose to restore it in itunes but itunes could not restore and showed some error.
    Now when i connect my phone an error window pops up saying...
    "one of the USB device attached to the computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"

appreciate any help

thanks rgds

Thanks

DFU Restore..

hi thanks have done that but am still unable to restore it in itunes...
    an error comes around...also while doing it with redsnow....it gets stuck on the wating for reboot and the phone screen is all white!!

Thanks

You can't try redsnow until you have a successful DFU restore.
    Make sure you are doing the DFU correctly.
    Use a REAL iphone sync cable, plug in phone to computer's usb port 1st(not hub), then turn the phone off, then follow the rest of the instructions for DFU restore.

Also, a better thread title would get you more interest. "Help" and "Please Help" don't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Use a REAL iphone sync cable, plug in phone to computer's usb port 1st(not hub), then turn the phone off, then follow the rest of the instructions for DFU restore.

Also, a better thread title would get you more interest. "Help" and "Please Help" don't cut it.
    thanks mate...i reckoned the slack in title a bit late...
    i did get the phone on dfu mode and am restoring with itunes.Since itunes is still downloading the fw(thnk should be 3.0.1)...now i would need to jailbreak it and unlock.
    So i jailbreak it with redsnow 0.8 and unlock with ultrasnow with fw 3.0 for 3g...thats it right...or is there any other way?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post

thanks dude got it done and running!
    Last edited by harindr; 2009-08-29 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost