Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone camera stoped working please help

Default iphone camera stoped working please help
    hey guys, my camera stop working a while back on a jailbroken and unlocked 3.0 firmware iphone 2gen and also the apps didnt work so i decided to reformat my iphone and re did everything and my camera still doesnt work...my camera just freezes at the screen right before the camera shows on the screen (not a white screen but the grey zoom looking screen) like i can even press the camera roll button and it takes me to the photos but besides that camera doesnt work.i just reformatted it twice and still my camera doesnt work should i upgrade to 3.0.1 and jailbreak and unlock and see if that work?

I would say its a hardware issue.

nope i fixed it i deleted a folder by ssh and it works now thank you tho

Camera Folder.../var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100Apple...delete the folder...then try open your camera app again...

credit to a user in this forum that posted this it really works
    Last edited by bklynsoulja; 2009-08-28 at 05:23 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bklynsoulja For This Useful Post:

AshGoodger (2009-08-28)

Thanks

thanks for the tip.
    My pictures/videos haven't been showing up on my 3gs (its jailbroken). it just started happening out of the blue, havent had the time to do anything about it and was almost so irritated by it that I was wanting to restore. but this worked wonders. im sooooooooooo happy now
    Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out.

[/CENTER]

I am having a problem with my camera when I open the app the shutter opens to just a white screen. Will your solution work for me? How would I delete that file?