Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't restore, can't turn on phone, NEED HELP

Unhappy Can't restore, can't turn on phone, NEED HELP
    Hey Guys:

I'm not really sure where this belongs. I have searched google for days and have not found my specific problem.

I have been supporting Apple very strongly for years. A few years ago, when the iPhone first came out, I ordered it online that same day. I had that iPhone for about 1-2 years until it broke (it wouldn't ring or vibrate), so the Apple Store near me gave me a free iPhone 3G for being a loyal customer.

I had that one for a few months, it was jailbroken with pwnagetool and it had firmware 3.0. All of a sudden, about a week ago, the iPhone displayed a strange message about needing to be restored, and immediately shut down. Now, every time I attempt to turn it on, it will display the silver apple, but turn off immediately before it actually turns on. The same happens when I plug it into any USB port on any one of my computers, and when I plug it into the wall.

I have tried multiple times to restore it, through recovery mode and DFU mode, through every different version of iTunes by uninstalling it and installing a different version. I also tried to jailbreak it from recovery and DFU modes with all different applications such as redsn0w and pwnagetool, from all different firmware ipsw's. iTunes won't recognize the phone if it's not in recovery or DFU mode, and when it goes to restore it, it shows Error 23. I can't use tech support or go to the Apple Store because I voided my warranty through jailbreaking it.

I really need help because that iPhone is the only phone I have and have been out of communication for over a week, and every possible thing I can think of to fix it has failed.

Yours,
    Jake

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

So your saying that even in DFU when restoring, you get a 23. That's not good. The errors in the 20's are notoriously unfixable. If you didn't change your boot logo, you can take it into the apple store, and they shouldn't be able to get it past that logo. So they won't know that you're jailbroken, and they'll give you another phone
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

daledenton16 (2009-08-25)

I'm really sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I need advice. I took it to the Apple Store, and they said I needed to make an appointment (which is tomorrow) so that they can put the iPhone into their "diagnostics program".

Does this mean they'll be able to tell that it's jailbroken? I had also pirated some apps with ********** and I wouldn't want to get caught for copyright laws.

I'm actually not this stupid in real life I'm actually really good with computers, I'm just freaking out over this problem.