Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After a jailbreak it has to stay jailbroke?

Default After a jailbreak it has to stay jailbroke?
    So I did a jailbreak a few months ago and I tried to use the normal 2.0.1 and 3.0/3.01 but it seems that I have to have it jailbroke. I tried the restore option and update option when 3.0 and 3.01 came out. After its done updating/restoring it sits at the screen that shows plug your phone in. No way to get by it without jailbreaking.

Just wondering why it would do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You'll need to put the phone in DFU mode, restore and then jailbreak. Update iTunes to at least 8.2 restore to 3.0 and then run redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock if necessary.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button
    Guide to jailbreak.

Thanks

Does that page also happen to have a "slide for emergency"(or something similar) bar at the bottom?
    If so then that means the phone is awaiting activation. To activate you either have to put in the official sim and plug it in to itunes or run redsn0w to hacktivate.

If it doesn't have a slide for emergency thing, then it's still in recovery mode, and the restore didn't work properly. For that, just listen to blkcadi up above.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Oh I have it working perfect with the jailbreak. I just mean I have to keep it jailbroken. With my last iPhone I had it jailbroke but if I needed apple to work on it I'd restore to before it was jailbroke. If I do it with this one it just will not work

No no slide button. Just a picture showing plug your phone into itunes. when I do I get a blank screen when it connects
    Last edited by JQJQ; 2009-08-24 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost