Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem receiving text messages on IPhone 2G

Default Problem receiving text messages on IPhone 2G
    Had purchased an IPhone 2G about a month ago or so. At the time I had an account with Verizon.
    I jailbroke the IPhone that way I could get T-Mobile service. I had the number ported over to the T-Mobile service. It took 24 hours or so in order for me to start receiving text messages from Verizon customers. It has worked perfect since then, but just the other day I started getting some messages and not others. I know its not the service, tried turning the phone off, made sure my friends were receiving the messages that I had been sending out.

I called T-mobile about the issue, they said there is no problem with the service. I have no idea what to do, should I try to restore and then reinstall the software? If so how exactly do I do that? Any help would/suggestions would be very helpful. Like I said it just started doing this a few days ago. The weird part is that I get some throughout the day, and have asked friends if they have sent messages to me during the day in which they have. Don't know where to begin, I've been trying to solve this problem for awhile. Thanks!

-Tyler

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sometimes if the text is too long (from non T-Mobile users) it either sends the first 160 characters or not at all. Maybe asking your friends to send individual texts under 160 characters will get you all your texts. When I was on Verizon, I would text T-Mobile users and they would either say they didn't get my text or that my text cut off (at the 160 mark) and it doesn't send the rest of the message either. Like you know how Verizon, after you exceed 160 characters it starts a new page so basically hitting send shows up "Sending 1/3" "2/3" "3/3" etc... Well the rest of those pages after 1 won't send.