Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH disconnect..

iPhone? More like MyPhone roeiboot's Avatar
    Thanks

Question SSH disconnect..
    so i don't always feel like using the USB cable (partly 'cuz i hear the iPhone has a limited number of charges)

i create a ad-hoc network on my laptop, and use WinSCP to get into the iPhone, now here's the issue it disconnect constantly, very annoying to say the least... now i did see SSH in SBSettings so i turned that on as well, does not make any difference.

how do i make that connection more "stable" ?

tks...

Yes SSH has to be on, obviously if your trying to SSH.

Also, even with an adhoc network you have to plug the phone into the computer. adhoc just eliminates the need for WIFI.

And the iphone isnt limited to the # of charges anymore than any other rechargable battery is.

Thanks

then there is little advantage compared to using iPhonebrowser in my opinion.... i thought the whole reason for SSH was to eliminate the cable + eWallet only syncs if i do it via a ad-hoc network.

Naw, basically same thing.

Except, iphonebrowser is Winbox only. If you have Mac like myself....you gotta go a different route.

Thanks

main difference, when i use iPhonebrowser i do not have to create a ad-hoc network nor do i have to turn on SSH thus (on my Win laptop) easier & more reliable..

tks.

You dont have to create an adhoc network to SSH if your on WIFI. But aside from being about the same thing, iphonebrowser is "easier" or more user friendly.

PS- Just as a tip, leave SSH on all the time on your phone. If your phone ever has a "melt down" and wont boot, there are times when you would still be able to SSH into the phone and "fix" the issue. Of course you cant if SSH is turned off. And its a myth that SSH drains battery.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

USB is always the most stable method. Cuz you know...it's directly connected into your computer... not just a signal floating through the air. I use iFunBox =) Sometimes winSCP tho (cuz iFunbox's interface is kinda funky to me) that's really stable with WiFi for me .