Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 100th iphone unlock

Default Help with 100th iphone unlock
    Ok, i've read through forums and so forth before yelling out for help. I've been modding iphones since I got my first 4GB iphone back in the day. I've literally unlocked an insane amount and jailbroken an insane amount of iphones already up to the current 3.0 and have dealt with all types of problems......but it seems I have met my match. My nieces boyfriend purchased an iphone 3g from craiglist. The phone honestly looks immaculate like if it was never used. I'm trying to unlock/jailbreak for T-Mobile. I've downloaded the 3G 3.0 firmware three times from several sources, i've used pawnage tool on all the versions I downloaded just to make sure there wasn't file corruption. I'm able to create the custom activated firmware and get the phone into DFU mode, but when i Option+Restore on itunes, it does its usual extracting and confirming and gives me error 1600. I know this error happens sometimes because of Itunes versions and so forth, so I made sure that I am at the latest update 8.2.1 (6)....also checked if my macbook pro needed updates. Went thru all this and tried again....DFU then error 1600. So i decided to restore back to factory 3.0 and download another firmware....again same results as above. I then tried to just restore to factory, and simply try to option+restore without being in DFU Mode to load the custom firmware. To my surprise, i didn't get error 1600...but error 1604. Repeated all the above again, re downloaded from another source, re-pwned and so forth. This time, I forced the phone into recovery (Sleep +Home) and let itunes recognize it. Option+restore and select the latest custom firmware I created......phone restarts and gets the the recovery screen but iTunes stays stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore" and stays there until i get error 28 or something (At this point my frustration was so high that I didn't write the error code down but dam near thru the phone), All the steps i've said above have been attempted 5-10 times already.....and I hate saying that the iPhone won. So in conclusion, I'm hoping someone suffered thru this as well and is able to give me pointers or perhaps let me know i my buddies iphone is F'd. BTW.....itunes lets me load factory firmware under any restore process (DFU, Forced and standard)

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    Ok, i've read through forums and so forth before yelling out for help. I've been modding iphones since I got my first 4GB iphone back in the day. I've literally unlocked an insane amount and jailbroken an insane amount of iphones already up to the current 3.0 and have dealt with all types of problems......but it seems I have met my match. My nieces boyfriend purchased an iphone 3g from craiglist. The phone honestly looks immaculate like if it was never used. I'm trying to unlock/jailbreak for T-Mobile. I've downloaded the 3G 3.0 firmware three times from several sources, i've used pawnage tool on all the versions I downloaded just to make sure there wasn't file corruption. I'm able to create the custom activated firmware and get the phone into DFU mode, but when i Option+Restore on itunes, it does its usual extracting and confirming and gives me error 1600. I know this error happens sometimes because of Itunes versions and so forth, so I made sure that I am at the latest update 8.2.1 (6)....also checked if my macbook pro needed updates. Went thru all this and tried again....DFU then error 1600. So i decided to restore back to factory 3.0 and download another firmware....again same results as above. I then tried to just restore to factory, and simply try to option+restore without being in DFU Mode to load the custom firmware. To my surprise, i didn't get error 1600...but error 1604. Repeated all the above again, re downloaded from another source, re-pwned and so forth. This time, I forced the phone into recovery (Sleep +Home) and let itunes recognize it. Option+restore and select the latest custom firmware I created......phone restarts and gets the the recovery screen but iTunes stays stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore" and stays there until i get error 28 or something (At this point my frustration was so high that I didn't write the error code down but dam near thru the phone), All the steps i've said above have been attempted 5-10 times already.....and I hate saying that the iPhone won. So in conclusion, I'm hoping someone suffered thru this as well and is able to give me pointers or perhaps let me know i my buddies iphone is F'd. BTW.....itunes lets me load factory firmware under any restore process (DFU, Forced and standard)
    damn bro lol, i'm be heated too... but lets try to work this out

first off, your not using safari to download anything right?

secondly, why not use redsn0w? its a little bit easier i've found.

I say, get the phone into DFU mode, just hit restore in itunes, it should work fine, fully restore it up to 3.0.1.
    Then download redsnow, and a copy of the 3.0 ipsw for a 3g.
    Run redsn0w, select the 3.0 firmware, it'll ask you to get the phone into recovery mode (it'll show you step by step), then let it do its thing. If by change you get stuck at the "waiting for reboot" screen for over 5 minutes, unplug the cable, from the phone, for half a second, then plug it right back in, if all goes well it should be doing its thing, and in a few minutes u should have a jailbroken phone, then obviously just download ultrasn0w, and your done.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

giancarlo (2009-08-19)

i'm gonna have to fly to wherever you are and kiss you if this works (No homo) haha. Downloading redsnow as we speak...

i'm gonna have to fly to wherever you are and kiss you if this works (No homo) haha. Downloading redsnow as we speak...
    hahaha, good luck bro, i'll be on the site for another hour, if you run into any more issues, post back.

let me know if all went well either way.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

i need your address because the freaking thing worked....i didn't even know redsnow does jailbreak and all that like quickpwn. Lesson learned for the day, always remain humble and don't think you know it all. I hit the thanks button.....thanks a huge amount bro, now to down a six pack and drown my frustration away

i need your address because the freaking thing worked....i didn't even know redsnow does jailbreak and all that like quickpwn. Lesson learned for the day, always remain humble and don't think you know it all. I hit the thanks button.....thanks a huge amount bro, now to down a six pack and drown my frustration away
    hahaha nice, glad i could be of assistance, take it easy, pour out a lil liquor for me lol