Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having trouble....

Default Having trouble....
    I am trying to jailbreak my 3gs using a mac and redsn0w. When I seem to download the 3.0 firmware it makes it into a zip file. When I have looked up how to jailbreak on YouTube it shows the firmware in ispw format and it is a 3d box when in the finder menu. When I download it is a folder in the finder menu. How do I make it so it does not put it in zip format. When I browse in redsn0w it does not reconize the firmware bc it is not in the ispw format. Thanks for reading and any info will be helpful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

what internet browser are you using to download, try firefox

I am using safari on mac. Firefox will change the format?

Thanks

Yep. Or if you just look in the trash can you'll find the ipsw in there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, safari by default decompresses the file, firefox wont, just use firefox and you should be good to go

thanks everyone just got done and cydia up and running. the jailbroken world is so much better...

i need help, i jailbroke my iphone, didnt like it, i have iphone 3g 3.1.2 the friend that jailbroke it for me told me, if i wantd to unjailbreak it to just go under settings and erase all content and media, i did, now it freezes on the logo screen, i did the recovery, dcu, and connect to itunes, itll start to restore, then the window saying error cannot restore 1604, can anyone help? i dont even know if im posting this in the right spot