Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some issues

Default Some issues
    Finally got my iphone jailbroken, and then ran into a few problems today.

Installed **********, some themes (didn't use them), bossprefs, winterboard.

Was changing the SMS bubbles to blue, winterboard froze on me, let it sit there for 15 minutes, restarted it and it wouldn't boot up into the phone anymore. had to restore, re-broke it.

Now trying to change my background in winterboard, it froze itself and now would boot up but no screen.

Anyone else have any of these issues?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Did you set the phone up as New, or did you sync from a backup? If so this is what is most likely causing your problem. Did you install Cydia only or Icy and Cydia?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Kroms (2009-08-18)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Did you set the phone up as New, or did you sync from a backup? If so this is what is most likely causing your problem. Did you install Cydia only or Icy and Cydia?
    I did set the phone up as new and then synced the contacts. That's it.

When it crashed I just set it back up from a backup.

Thanks

Only suggestion I can make is to restore again as I'm sure your know. Hard to say what caused it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Kroms (2009-08-18)

Only suggestion I can make is to restore again as I'm sure your know. Hard to say what caused it.
    Yeah.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to jailbreak it once more. and if it does this again I'll start over as new again.

One of my friends had mentioned that sometimes permissions gets messed up, but he was in a rush. Know of any fixes for something like that?

Thanks

If your phone is crashing I guess it could be that but trying to figure which one, tuff. That's why I suggest you restore to a fresh OS and then re-jailbreak. Just trying to solve this by re-jailbreaking without a restore I believe would only be an exercise and will not cure it. I could be wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Kroms (2009-08-18)

If your phone is crashing I guess it could be that but trying to figure which one, tuff. That's why I suggest you restore to a fresh OS and then re-jailbreak. Just trying to solve this by re-jailbreaking without a restore I believe would only be an exercise and will not cure it. I could be wrong.
    Thanks. I'll just try a full restore when I get a chance to sit down for a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroms View Post
    Thanks. I'll just try a full restore when I get a chance to sit down for a little while longer.
    Make sure you do a full DFU restore
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

Kroms (2009-08-18)

So I did a full DFU restore.. on my friends mac. he did everything to make sure it was a full restore. everything installed fine. Installed all the stuff that was needed. bossprefs, **********, icy. then got to winterboard.

when it rebooted, apple screen, then a black screen. nothing after that.

Tried rebooting, same thing. Wouldn't get past that screen.

Anyone have some advice?

I had a friend re-do it last night on his mac. Installed it with winterboard on the ipsw when he loaded it. worked fine until I installed emoji and restarted the spring board.

Now a black screen with nothing after that.
    Last edited by Kroms; 2009-08-18 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost