Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking a 3.1 phone

Default Unlocking a 3.1 phone
    I recently purchased a 3g that came with 3.1 (beta 3) on it. I would like to put it on tmobile but I'm not sure what to do since it is on 3.1. Can anyone point me in the right direction to unlocking / jailbreaking it? Is it possible to downgrade to 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Nah buddy. No one can help you out there. Unless you actually mean 3.0.1...
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

Thanks

I don't think you can downgrade the 3G baseband for 3.1 to 3.0 baseband and therefore cannot unlock it yet. You'll have to wait a bit until 3.1 is released and unlocked before you get phone features.

3.1 is unlikely to come out of Beta before next month but I wouldn't hold your breath for an unlock solution.
    The BB can't be downgraded which is probably why it was sold.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

the ONLY way you can get that to work is if your phone is on the 5.8 bootloader.
    Download fuzzyband from cydia, it'll tell you if you have bootloader 5.8, if you do, you'll be allowed to downgrade your baseband. If your stuck on 5.9 or higher (pretty much every 3g that wasn't built the first month they were produced) your stuck until apple releases 3.1, then you'll have to wait another week or so for the dev team to get another working unlock out.

They will never release a tool, while its only in beta testing.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Woog View Post
    I recently purchased a 3g that came with 3.1 (beta 3) on it. I would like to put it on tmobile but I'm not sure what to do since it is on 3.1. Can anyone point me in the right direction to unlocking / jailbreaking it? Is it possible to downgrade to 3.0?

Thanks in advance.
    I'd be taking it to an apple store and telling them to either downgrade it to 3.0.1 or give you a new phone that is.... They should not be giving you a phone that is running a beta OS. 3.1 is not final yet, and supposed to be only for developers.

Quote Originally Posted by dopple View Post
    I'd be taking it to an apple store and telling them to either downgrade it to 3.0.1 or give you a new phone that is.... They should not be giving you a phone that is running a beta OS. 3.1 is not final yet, and supposed to be only for developers.
    You do seem to think that he bought it from AT& rather than second hand .....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

oh well if he bought it second hand off a developer then he's SoL....