Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to upgrade to 3.0 but dont know how?

Question I want to upgrade to 3.0 but dont know how?
    Hi, first let me say sorry for this, but I have read n re-read the guides on here but im not sure what to do. I have a 3g iphone on 2.2, i use it with my vodafone contract sim, I bought it already unlocked. It does have cydia & installer on. I want to upgrade to the new software 3 but dont know where to start, should I just stay as I am on 2.2 ?

Many thanks for your time (& patience!!)

It is very simple to get 3.0 up and running, it isn't worth it to wait.

Be sure you already have redsn0w downloaded.

Download both the 3.0.1 firmware, and the 3.0 firmware.

In itunes, get your iphone into DFU mode (look on youtube for video support), then restore your phone with 3.0.1, by holding control to select which file you want to restore with (if your on a mac, i think its alt or shift on a windows, you may have to do some more research, as i don't know exactly by the back of my hand, which button you hold. but basically if you held the right button, a box will pop up when you hit restore, that will let you select exactly which firmware file you want to use.

Select the 3.0.1 firmware file.

Wait about 10-15 min's for the phone to do its thing.

Now all you should see if your phone, saying connect to itunes for activation, perfect.

Open up redsnow, point it to firmware 3.0, (not 3.0.1), it will do its thing for a few minutes, then it will show you set by set how to place your phone into recovery mode, then in another 10-15 minutes, your phone is jailbroken.

Then just add ultrasnow's repo in cydia, download ultrasnow.

Enjoy your unlocked, 3.0 iphone.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!