Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Like this has not been asked, but where can I find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Like this has not been asked, but where can I find it.
    I'm a new owner of the iPhone 3GS with software 3.0.1. I bought it yesterday from the ATT store.

So I did some research and found how to jailbreak the phone.

So, the phone is now Jailbroken and I have added some programs and stuff, but heres the kicker when I connect to Itunes it reads, that I can upgrade to 3.0.1.

Question so what do I do now. I have googled this and cannot find the answer.

Oh before I forget, my current phone version is 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Stay on 3.0 you'll be fine. If you update to 3.0.1 you will loss the jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary599 View Post
    I'm a new owner of the iPhone 3GS with software 3.0.1. I bought it yesterday from the ATT store.

So I did some research and found how to jailbreak the phone.

So, the phone is now Jailbroken and I have added some programs and stuff, but heres the kicker when I connect to Itunes it reads, that I can upgrade to 3.0.1.

Question so what do I do now. I have googled this and cannot find the answer.

Oh before I forget, my current phone version is 3.0
    If you JUST jailbroke your phone, i would just DFU restore to stock, and re jailbreak while its "fresh", but if you've already downloaded alot of stuff, your fine on 3.0, just annoying every time you want to sync music/videos.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Again, I don't think that it necessary to update to 3.0.1, it was only a fix for the possible SMS threat. There will be a fix available on Cydia for this soon. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Again, I don't think that it necessary to update to 3.0.1, it was only a fix for the possible SMS threat. There will be a fix available on Cydia for this soon. But that's just me.

I guess i'm just OCD about having my phone on the latest firmware lol
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

^ as I am also when it is a firmware upgrade or update. But this was kinda bogus IMO.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did I follow the wrong directions to jailbreak my phone when it was on 3.0.1?

The way i took it was I had to downgrade to 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gary599 View Post
    Did I follow the wrong directions to jailbreak my phone when it was on 3.0.1?

The way i took it was I had to downgrade to 3.0
    wait what?

if you bought a 3gs running 3.0.1, jailbroke it, without restoring, (pointing redsnow to 3.0, but not actually restoring the phone back to 3.0 in itunes), then your phone is still on 3.0.1, just jailbroken the same way 3.0 is jailbroken.

If you did restore down to 3.0, your fine, don't worry about anything, dont upgrade anything, just enjoy your new jailbroken 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ok so I did it
    I ran the apple update, and re-did the jail break. Well I don't see what I did differently this time, but now I have version 3.0.1 and it's jailbroken.

Thank you guys.

I', having fun, this phone kicks *** and I have been a BB user for almost 4 years.