Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G call barring

Default iPhone 3G call barring
    Hey all, i have an iPhone 3G with official 3.0 software, i jailbreaked and ultrasn0w the phone, the problem that i have is when i make a phone call it says you have "call barring"

Is there any way i can de-activate this? i've tried ##004# CALL code that doesn't work.

Downgrading to firmware 2.2.1, would that be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by kandiman View Post
    Hey all, i have an iPhone 3G with official 3.0 software, i jailbreaked and ultrasn0w the phone, the problem that i have is when i make a phone call it says you have "call barring"

Is there any way i can de-activate this? i've tried ##004# CALL code that doesn't work.

Downgrading to firmware 2.2.1, would that be an option?
    does that sim card work fine in another phone? I have a feeling this problem is on the carrier's side, not the iphone's. Either that, or the iphone is stolen, and for once the phones IMEI is actually blocked
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

i have tried 2 diff sim cards from 2 diff carriers in other phones it works fine, just the iphone is barred =/ ... one or two calls work and then the message appears... prob the IMEI is blocked not sure

i have tried 2 diff sim cards from 2 diff carriers in other phones it works fine, just the iphone is barred =/ ... one or two calls work and then the message appears... prob the IMEI is blocked not sure
    sounds like it. if the Sim is unlocked, then its definitely the iphone thats blocked. thats sucks because whatever company blocked that iphone, just so happens to be the same company your using. I don't know if its possible, but it maybe time to start doing a little IMEI number changing research.

Or if i were you, just take a 50 dollar hit, sell your 3g for 250 quick, and just pick another one up for 300 on criagslist.

A quick question, did this phone work flawlessly before? and just all of a sudden just start throwing up these call barred screens? or did you buy this phone, and it worked once or twice, then it started with the call barred screen?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

i bought this phone off my friend he said it has call barring on it, so i figured i can do this jailbreak and ultrasn0w ... i tried 2 carriers maybe i should try another carrier?

read briefly IMEI number change can't be done

i bought this phone off my friend he said it has call barring on it, so i figured i can do this jailbreak and ultrasn0w ... i tried 2 carriers maybe i should try another carrier?

read briefly IMEI number change can't be done
    damn, the only thing i could think of is using your friends sim card, and try disabling call barring, either with that ##004# CALL command, or calling at&t for help.

It seems if your friend added the call barrier feature to the phone, it requires a password, if you can get the password, you could probably get it working again