Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is 3.0 to 3.0.1 waste of time on Jailbreak IP

Default is 3.0 to 3.0.1 waste of time on Jailbreak IP
    hi just wondering if i wasted my time upgrading my already jailbroke 3.0 phone to 3.0.1?
    I read that 3.0.1 could still be jailbroke with redsnow 8.
    when i try it wont recognise the 3.0.1 firmware.

Is there a way of using this firmware or do i just go back to using 3.0 firmware?

another question can you back up a jailbroken 3.0 phone so cydia and all the goodies are re-installed if things go wrong?

many thanks

max

when u are jailbreaknd dont use the 3.0.1 firmware in redsn0w....after uve upgraded to 3.0.1 just use the 3.0 ipsw in redsn0w and it will recognize it and u do everything normally

Yeah, I read that somewhere.I upgraded to 3.0.1 and now I am going to replace that with 3.0 again which means i kinda wasted my time?

no u didnt after u jailbreak with 3.0 ur still ganna have the 3.0.1 firmware in ur iphone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Complete waste of time.

ok i am not sure how that works then as i assumed that redsnow patched the 3.0 firmware on the computer then loaded that to the phone thus wiping out any existing firmware?
    Just doing it now so will see what firmware shows up.

thanks

haha i thought as much. not to worry, time i have. My other question was can a jailbroken phone be backed up to itunes and loaded back in?
    I only ask as my iphone developed a fault and they replaced the phone. I thought i had backed it up and would simply restore it so every thing was shiny and jailbroken again, but no.

So if i ever have to go back to original 3.0 firmware if a problem with the phone develops i will always need to jailbreak from scratch again, is that correct?

many thanks
    Last edited by maax555; 2009-08-14 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost