Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe to transfer purchased item to itune?

Default Safe to transfer purchased item to itune?
    Hi guys a really newbie question i have. My iphone is jailbreak. everytime i connect my iphone to the laptop, itune load up and it say

" Itunes has found purchased items on the iphone thats are not present in your itunes library. Do you want to transfer these items from this iphone back to your itunes library?"

if you do not transfer these purchased items to your itunes library, they will be removed from the iphone.

Is it safe to transfer or don't transfer?

Now, i just notice that all the free apps that i got from the app store before i jailbreak are now not loading up but the icon are still there, Thanks in advance for any reply.

How did you JB? What phone do you have?
    If you use RedSn0w it wipes everything from your phone and you have to synch back from iTunes. How have you still got apps on your phone after JB?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have the 3gs and used redsnow. I got all the apps back working now. all i did was unplugged the usb cable.

i guess my question is it safe to transfer purchased app to itune when its jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

yes its safe

What's not safe to do?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

update your phone to new firmwares until there is a jailbreak available

this message is an itunes message. has nothing to do with jailbreaking. its just what happens when you purchase an app on your phone and go to sync with itunes. regardless of any event of an app being erased off of your phone, you can always go and "purchase" the app again and it will tell you that you already bought it and ask if you want to download it again for free. so no harm can really be done once you buy an app from the appstore
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Ya, thanks for the reply, just that my friend was the one whole jailbreak it for me and told me not to update and stuff like that with itunes so i had no idea if that was safe to do lol.

so if i click transfer all my games and other apps will be deleted off the phone??? what good is that?

can u answere a question??
    Last edited by strmshdw; 2010-02-05 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No. That is steal ing. Please don't do it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Piracy talk is not allowed on mmi

/Closed