Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Software 3.0.1 - What should I do?

Default Software 3.0.1 - What should I do?
    I have a jailbroken iphone. Without really thinking I opted to download the latest software update (3.0.1) from apple to my iphone, and obviously, it undid my jailbreak, AND all of my stuff that I got from cydia, like my cycorder, etc.

I DEFINITELY want my phone back in jailbreak mode to have my video recorder, and modifications back, so I want to undo the software install, BUT, I noticed some things about 3.0.1 that I like. Horizantal text, faster all around, and a few other things.

My question is, how do I get all my stuff back (go in reverse) BUT keep these new things too (move forward)? I would do a 3.0.1 jailbreak, but I'm not sure that will get my stuff back. If I want my stuff back on my phone, am I stuck with going back to no horizantal text, slower speed etc? I just want to know, how I can be upgraded, be jailbroken, and get my stuff back on there, and have all three.

If you can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

[Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w, go to this thread. Download and instructions are there.
    Use the ipsw for 3.0 not 3.0.1 when prompted for .ipsw

I had several videos saved in my cycorder- will this retrieve them?

The only way ur cycorder vids are ganna get retrieved are if uve backed them up before

OK- I have it backed up from right before 3.0.1 was downloaded. If I go ahead and jailbreak for 3.0.1, can I somehow get them from the backup, and drop them into whatever file they go in the iphone browser?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I think that would work. If you back it up, maybe your videos will be restored back to where it saves so no need to get them and drop them back in.