Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ok have to re-jb my 3.0.1...quick question about proper way?

Default ok have to re-jb my 3.0.1...quick question about proper way?
    ok so i just had a quick question...after the release i upgraded to 3.0.1, jb, unlocked ect etc...but i'm having calling issues with my phone as well as my speakers don't seem to be as loud as they were with 3.0 (not sure if that's due to the re-jb i did)...anyway i'm running on tmo...i need to re-jb again to try and see if i can fix these issues...but i'm not sure i'm doing it correctly when i do...here's what i do...

put the phone in dfu mode
    open itunes and click restore
    insert unactivated att card
    jb with redsn0w via 3.0 software
    install ultrasn0w, restart
    insert tmo card
    wait for "phone activated" message
    plug back into itunes and then set up as NEW phone...

basically my question is, is that the proper way? someone on one post says you should set up as new phone before you use redsn0w? is it ok that i set it up as new as the last step...i haven't really been paying attention to much to storage space, but it does seem to me i have less of it this past time i jb...i know if you don't restore properly you loose like 500mb...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Every thing you describe is correct although most just put in the sim that they will be using rather then the AT&T sim.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

lunercrab (2009-08-13)

yeah i've been using the att sim to activate it, instead of "hackivating" it cause i use push alot with tmo...i found this is the only way it seems to work for me...but thanks...i just wanted to make sure cause it seemed like i was loosing space...