Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone use on AT&T without plan (unlocked)

Default Iphone use on AT&T without plan (unlocked)
    so i have the old iphone 2g and i wanted to give it to my friend.
    would he be able to use it, unlocked/jailbroken with his unlimited data plan and unlimited text for his regular AT&T phone, without getting a huge bill or anything? or do you absolutely have to get AT&T to activate it and pay the $30 a month and $10 for unlimited text, instead of the $20 or $25 he is paying now.

Thanks

He could try, but AT&T will eventually most likely try to make him get the $20/month iPhone 2G EDGE data plan...
    Respect your elders.

you should restore it to new 3.1 firmware, put his SIM in the iphone, jailbreak & unlock with resn0w, (you will also need to download 3.0 firmware to use with redsn0w). And you should be good to go. He'll have the same plan working on the iphone.
    If your not sure about jailbreaking process with the new firmware update, I suggest you do your due diligence and be abolutely sure about how you go about it before you start. Every time I read a post that starts with HELP!, it inevitably becomes clear that they didn't do their homework first! The first time I did a jailbreak, the one thing I made sure I knew was how to get into DFU mode in case anything went wrong. But I've never had a problem because I study the process until I'm absolutely confident in what I'm doing. I also always like to suggest going on youtube and find some visual aid, it can be very helpful.

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7