Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems jailbreaking

Default Problems jailbreaking
    I recently got a 3gs. I jailbroke it no problem. It then a few days ago said it was ready for an upgrade. When I did the upgrade I started to have problems with some of the apps, they would open for a sec then close. To solve that ptoblem I restored my phone. After I restored it I can not get purplera1n to download. It stays on the screen with the guy leaning on the iPhone I waited like 20 min and nothing. Please help me thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't hink purplera1n works on 3.0.1. Updating your firmware takes away your jailbreak. You have to use redsnow now to jailbreak

You use redsnow with the 3.0 firmware to jailbreak!

Thanks for the reply. I was able to run redsn0w, no problem. When I pressed browse in redsn0w it would not let me open up the 3.0 firmware I downloaded.it would open into two folders. I was looking on YouTube and I did not see much infr on the 3gs. I'd there 3.0 firmware for the 3gs?

Thanks

i am try to upgrade to 3.0 firmware and now i'm stuck trying to get in DFU i am using redsn0w 0.8. now only thing on my screen is the USB cord and ITUNES CD simbleplz, plz help me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallie View Post
    i am try to upgrade to 3.0 firmware and now i'm stuck trying to get in DFU i am using redsn0w 0.8. now only thing on my screen is the USB cord and ITUNES CD simbleplz, plz help me.
    unplug it and replug it back in and it should come up as a phone in dfu mode