Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternative to ssh/winscp without using wifi?

Default Alternative to ssh/winscp without using wifi?
    Is there a app i could use that would allow
    me to get into my phone and make changes like winscp, but through usb?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes it is called Disk Aid

You can look at the video and download the file from the youtube page

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4WY0vL82Uo]YouTube - SSH into your iPod Touch or iPhone -- No Wi-Fi needed -- Easiest way![/ame]

You can also look at the files from you iphone with a app from cydia called ifile
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Right on ive
    also heard of ifunbox which is better?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I could not say I have not tried ifunbox. I will have to look in to it and try it out.

^^^

Will try that out, tried DiskAid but its extremely slow.

Is this app slow as well when navigating folders?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I also think Diskaid is very slow. I just think that is the way it is.

Edit someone was taling about ifunbox in a post above I have not used it but downloaded it and going to try it out sometime

^let me know how it works

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I use iFunBox. The interface is better looking than WinSCP and it's really fast. I like it a lot. Except that transferring large amounts of files/entire folders is really difficult as it likes to open the folder (instead of just taking the folder itself) and make you transfer all the items by select-all. You also have to make the folder you want (that it won't select and just opened) in the location you are copying to, like themes. Let's say my theme "X" wants to go to the iPhone. Well I go click on Library/Themes then I go try to transfer folder "X" into it, it'll open folder X and make me transfer all the individual files inside to the iPhone. Then I'll have all these files all over my themes folder while all the other files are in nice organized folders of complete themes. So basically in Themes you have to make an empty folder called "X" then open the folder then transfer all the individual files into it. That's why I keep WinSCP handy. Other than that iFunBox is quick, it doesn't even need SSH. I think...lol correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2009-08-24 at 08:55 AM.

If you use ifunbox, could you edit or modify files? I used to use iphonebrowser and when I installed the Hero theme, and tried to edit the weather info (to get it to my city) I noticed that their was not an option to edit. I don't have access to wifi and do not know a thing about SSH. I am stuck between i-FunBox and itunnel...any advice?

(didn't mean to hijack the thread OP!)
    Member at HoFo - "Rrazr-X7"

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Come to think of it no you can't edit. Why not just use winscp and wifi? Btw iTunnel doesn't work on FW 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Come to think of it no you can't edit. Why not just use winscp and wifi? Btw iTunnel doesn't work on FW 3.x
    Because I do not have access to any Wifi around my area. So itunnel is out of the question, what about diskaid? If need be I will get winscp but if I have to use wifi...it's a no go
    Member at HoFo - "Rrazr-X7"