Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cyida isnt loading anymore

Exclamation Cyida isnt loading anymore
    O this is fun, here's the story I was on OS3.0 and I decided to download "Cylay" but I noticed shortly after that I couldn't get in to Cydia it would just semi-load and then go back to the home page EVERY time so I even tried to delete "Cylay" through "Cydelete" and it couldn't get rid of it.. So I figured just upgrade and jailbreak it, and issued solved right? Well that's NOT the case its still doing the SAME thing <sigh> Please tell me someone can fix this?

Thanks

Dude, a simple 'Update' in iTunes will not resolve the problem. Usually, whenever you're jailbreaking, you always have to do a 'Restore' because the 'Other' part in iTunes, that orange region, will keep getting larger.
    That orange region is in fact parts of the OS that iTunes cannot discern apart from music, photos, videos and documentation from apps that iTunes has synced back to the computer and will also include jailbroken application data. You just won't see it even after you rejailbreak.
    Do a restore to fix your problem. But also, email the cyclay developer also and let them know of your problem if it persists after the restore.
    I would recommend a DFU. I assume you know what DFU is.
    That way, you'll be giving the iPhone a nice deep clean to touch areas that some jailbroken apps will touch that will not be fixed with a simple restore.
    I myself am trying to see why it is my iPhone 3GS is not allowing incoming calls but only lets the phone ring when when all Push notifications are off. That is on the 3rd part app side and the Mail.app side.

If you don't understand or your problem still persists, drop a line and we'll all be happy to help.
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kofster For This Useful Post:

Amonkid (2009-08-08)