Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service

Default No Service
    Getting No Service.

I jailbroke my iphone 2g. I have version 3.0.1
    Used redsn0w

then iphone 1.1.3.0_7A341_Restore IPSW

Cydi appeared. Then added repo666.ultrasn0w.com and installed ultrasnow app.

I tried this with my sim card in and out. I tryed airplane mode off and on. Tried resetting iphone

Any ideas

Thanks

Ultran0w is for 3G & 3GS only.
    For 2G iPhones you need bootneuter.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

yellowsn0w is only for 3G iphones running baseband 2.28 (meaning it has NEVER been updated past 2.2)
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5555 View Post
    Getting No Service.

I jailbroke my iphone 2g. I have version 3.0.1
    Used redsn0w

then iphone 1.1.3.0_7A341_Restore IPSW

Cydi appeared. Then added repo666.ultrasn0w.com and installed ultrasnow app.

I tried this with my sim card in and out. I tryed airplane mode off and on. Tried resetting iphone

Any ideas
    Tons of people are having issues with ultrasn0w right now. Just go to the site & see all the people with the same issues as you.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Tons of people are having issues with ultrasn0w right now. Just go to the site & see all the people with the same issues as you.
    The majority of the ultrasn0w users have no issue whatsoever and it's only a very small percent that are actually having issues.
    Plus, if you read, it's a 2G iPhone, and ultrasn0w doesn't work on 2Gs anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    The majority of the ultrasn0w users have no issue whatsoever and it's only a very small percent that are actually having issues.
    Plus, if you read, it's a 2G iPhone, and ultrasn0w doesn't work on 2Gs anyways.
    I agree that he shouldnt be using ultrsn0w on a first gen, but it is not a very small percent... Just check all the forums.

Wanderlei Silva

Thanks

Yes I am aware there are issues with ultrasn0w, but on the blog we have been able to resolve most of the cases, and I've seen maybe only 20 or 30 people with issues that can't be solved (most of the time their IMEI is blacklisted).

or their baseband is above 4.26.08
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^Actually I think I've only seen 4 or 5 people who accidentally upgraded.. of course we got like 50 comments from them though..

Thanks

Yes I am aware there are issues with ultrasn0w, but on the blog we have been able to resolve most of the cases, and I've seen maybe only 20 or 30 people with issues that can't be solved (most of the time their IMEI is blacklisted).
    Hmmmm so if the IMEI was blocked you still wouldn't be able to jailbreak & unlock around that? I bought this one with a smashed screen for my cousin on Cr*#gslist & fixed it, & am wondering now if maybe the original owner lost it & blacklisted it... I get service after unlocking with ultrasn0w though, but it drops after a few seconds.
    Last edited by infamous12550; 2009-08-08 at 02:37 PM.

Wanderlei Silva

You can still JB and Unlock, dont worry

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

It's not the baseband that's blocked, it's the IMEI.
    There isn't a way to get around that, sorry. If it's blacklisted, you won't be able to get signal.

Thanks

It's not the baseband that's blocked, it's the IMEI.
    There isn't a way to get around that, sorry. If it's blacklisted, you won't be able to get signal.
    I do get a signal though for a few seconds & can even make a call. It eventually drops though & then loses service. I have restored, jailbroken & unlocked 10 times in the last 2 days.

Wanderlei Silva

hmmm...I cant say for sure with all phones but I have been able to get around the blacklist on all I have come in contact with...except the 2g...those annoy me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    I do get a signal though for a few seconds & can even make a call. It eventually drops though & then loses service. I have restored, jailbroken & unlocked 10 times in the last 2 days.
    yeah the people with the blacklisted IMEIs have said that they get signal for about 30 seconds and then their network fails..
    I think there might be a site for checking but I'm not sure.. google it

@ Melech seriously? How?

Question guys I ran bootneuter did everything proper and still nothing.

Version: 3.0.1(7A400)
    Modem Firmware : 04.05.04_G

Should I be using redsnow then iphone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore then run bootneuter

I have no clue...I just know that after a few attempts I get it to register and no problem after that...weird I guess

Thanks

strange indeed how did you know they were blacklisted?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5555 View Post
    Question guys I ran bootneuter did everything proper and still nothing.

Version: 3.0.1(7A400)
    Modem Firmware : 04.05.04_G

Should I be using redsnow then iphone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore then run bootneuter
    I'm not quite sure what you're saying.. what have you done to your phone so far?

Is pwnage working with 3.0.1 on the 2g?

There is a website to check...I forget what it is now. Another MMier told me about it a while back
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-08-08 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast