Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: does jail breaking effect apps

Default does jail breaking effect apps
    I have just managed to jailbreak my new 3GS, I love it. However when I opened skype this morning a bubble popped up and said that it is now not compatible with the phone because I have added illegal apps.

When I used skype it seemed to work fine. I wondered can anyone tell me does jailbreaking affect anything on the phone, not allow things to work anymore?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Huh, have you added any cracked apps? Could be karma if so.

no cracked apps (secretly don't know what they are anyway!!)). Just wondered if phone was better jail broken or just left normal way.

You were the best helper yesterday, gave me good advice without the attitude, thanks.

Thanks

The reason I was asking is because it is a known issue with the Skype crack. No attitude just fact my friend. If not then apologies I guess.
    I do not believe that the jailbreak has anything to do with the failure. Unless you method has caused a problem (i.e syncing from a back up etc.).
    Jailbreaking is an option as you know, allows to to do so much customization and 3rd party apps and tweaks.

delete and re-install it, ive had this issue and its how i sorted it

Please don't apologise as I said you have been super helpful. It is all good, I am using skype no worries and that message has not appeared again so choice!! Loving the apps I have now that I have jail broken so I think I have made the right choice. thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naribees View Post
    Please don't apologise as I said you have been super helpful. It is all good, I am using skype no worries and that message has not appeared again so choice!! Loving the apps I have now that I have jail broken so I think I have made the right choice. thanks again
    Cool beans.