Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore from backup after restore.

Question Restore from backup after restore.
    My ipod touch was jailbroken for a while then it wouldn't start, stuck on apple logo, so I went into DFU and then let itunes restore it to 3.0. So after it restored, it asked me if Its a new ipod, or if I want to restore to my backup. So the backup was made when my ipod touch was jailbroken, anyway I pressed that and it didn't seem to do much except the way my icond had been organized (the default ones) Was that bad? Did restoring an already clean restored 3.0 ipod touch from a backup which was made when it was jailbroken do anything bad? Should I restore again? I'm asking because I've heard not to restore from backup on a jailbroken device, but this is different because its not jailbroken any more... until I jailbreak after someone answers tell me if I should restore again or its fine.. btw, The memory is completely free after restoring from the backup except for ~200mb or "other"...

Thanks so much!

Yeah, that 200MB is jailbroken data that iTunes could not restore. I would restore again and set it up as a new iPod. That way it frees up that 200MB.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Default Thanks..
    Gah I should have done that first time.. Why does restoring have to take so long.. Atleast it works though. I thought my iPod was bricked when it wouldn't start up.

Ok this time I set up as new iPod, and before anything synced, there's 133mb of "other".. What's that?

Its jailbreaking again now. Thanks for telling me otherwise I wouln't have restored again.
    Last edited by mk12; 2009-08-05 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost