Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SlingPlayer keeps pausing and Buffering

Default SlingPlayer keeps pausing and Buffering
    I have been running SlingPlayer for quite a while now...first on my 3G and now on 3GS, but no matter how I'm running it, it keeps pausing on me and I get the "loading %" thing on the upper right.

This happens even when I'm running it on a legit 20MB download line (the Slingbox is on another 5MB upload line in a seperate house).

It even happens when I'm running it on SQ (Standard Quality). It of course also happens when I run it over 3G.

Does this happen to everyone else? or is it just me? I figured have a 3GS would have fixed this.

I only experience problems when Im at work.

Around town on 3G I usually get around 1300-1800 kbps download and around 200-400 upload, and with that, sling plays flawlessly.

When I get to work, I usually get around 32 upload and zero download, sling will usually not connect at all at this point, if it does it just buffers constantly till I get mad and quit.

Try downloading a speed tester for you iphone and keep testing around town to see where you get the best service. Other than buying a zboost 3G booster there isn't much you can do to get sling to play better.

If your getting buffereing with a 5MG deadicated line than there is something else wrong.

It isn't your bandwidth availability, but your router settings.

Be sure that your ports are set correctly and you should be good to receive steady streaming . Check the router configuration setup guide on line n the sling website