Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.0.1. jailbreak

Default 3GS 3.0.1. jailbreak
    So I have read the forums over the last week since I got my new 3GS and have not seen an answer that helps me yet. I DO NOT have the 3.0 software within my computer, for some reason all I have is the 3.0.1. The reason I think is because my iPhone came with 3.0 standard so iTunes never had to download it.

Since I dont have the 3.0 software I cannot redsn0w it and I cannot find the 3.0 firmware for the 3GS on torrents. I downloaded one but iTunes wouldnt restore it backwards (I tried).

Also IF I do figure this out, how do you upgrade back to 3.0.1 while maintaining your JB?

FYI I have Pwnage and Redsn0w'd my old iPod touch so I have a rough idea what I am doing.

you can just download the 3.0 firmware manually. google around. actually its even on this site.
    and the thing is you can't save the jbreak.
    once you restore to 3.1 that cleans it. You have to re-jailbreak with 3.0 firmware when ur phone is at 3.1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to virgozero For This Useful Post:

the_cosworth (2009-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by virgozero View Post
    you can just download the 3.0 firmware manually. google around. actually its even on this site.
    and the thing is you can't save the jbreak.
    once you restore to 3.1 that cleans it. You have to re-jailbreak with 3.0 firmware when ur phone is at 3.1
    so any idea what is wrong when I tried to downgrade (restore) to 3.0 and itunes gave me an incorrect firmware error?

Also what is the chance of us having issues without the 3.0.1? and is it even worth JB'ing because everything I have read is that they are supposed to be able to block JB'ing on 3.1?

Reminder: If you own a jailbroken iPhone 3GS or an unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS, do not update once the official 3.1 firmware update is out. The 3.1 update will permanently block the ultrasn0w/purplesn0w software unlock. It could potentially block the iPhone 3GS jailbreak as well.
    Source: http://www.quickpwn.com/2009/07/iphone-31-beta-3.html
    Last edited by the_cosworth; 2009-08-05 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks

Next time try DFU mode restore....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

the_cosworth (2009-08-05)

got another 3.0 firmware pack from somewhere around here and it appears to be working for the restore. Should work for the JB.

thanks, dunno what was up with that.

well she is currently finishing up. Sorry for the retarded post. Dont know what was up with that. Looking forward to contributing tot he community.

Thanks

The_Cosworth
    Last edited by the_cosworth; 2009-08-05 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost