Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0.1 jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak? The Glimmer Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Question 3.0.1 jailbreak?
    Ok I have got the new 3.0.1 software and the new redsn0w 0.8 ready to go. My phone is on the 3.0 software already jail broken my question is. Can I just run the redsn0w 0.8 with the new 3.0.1 firmware straight away rather than losing all my data already on the phone from Cydia, Icy etc?

Or do I have to do the first upgrade from itunes and then jail break?

I also see that on the Cydia saurik sez he's working on something like this and it will be ready about a weeks time.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is will a straight upgrade and jailbreak screw my phone up?

ATB Lee...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It's up to you, about 50% or more of people are waiting for a fix in Cydia as I am.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

The Glimmer Man (2009-08-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to wait also, I tried the dev teams method and my 3GS froze on the apple logo. I had to restore 3.0 through iTune then "made it rain" again to get it back to life. Unless the new update allow me to MMS then I'll stick to 3.0
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

What's Jailbreak? The Glimmer Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    It's up to you, about 50% or more of people are waiting for a fix in Cydia as I am.
    This was my first thoughts on this too blkcadi thanks for the advice, I will sit tight and wait for the fix in cydia also

wont jailbreak already have redsnow 0.8 and firmware 3o ipsw. it works n my 3g but doesnt work on my 3gs just bought it alreday 3.0.1

Thanks for the info, as a novice (although not new to 'testing' I finding the issues to risky minimal gain.
    I'm still using 2.2 and was looking to update and jailbreak.. but I can wait a wee bit longer.

On other note... I find it difficulty to find the actual software on this site. Even when I do a search it comes up empty.

For example redsn0w has the jailbreak for 3.0.1 from the discussions, however I'm unable to fine it. Are these solely available via Cydia?

Is there a instruction guide of how to use the services of jailbreaking?

Just wondering or am I completely blind ?

i can restore back to 3.0 from the 3.0.1 software. did anyone else try this and succed. i need some help. thanks guys.

i cant **
    Last edited by BaT MaN; 2009-08-14 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost