Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un-Jailbreaking iPhone

Default Un-Jailbreaking iPhone
    I have an iPhone 3GS and have recently jailbroken it with purplerain.
    I would like to remove the jailbreak, for now, but I'm curious if anything is going to happen if I do a backup with iTunes in order to back up the many apps I've gotten from the App Store after jailbreaking the phone before I remove the jailbreak.

Thanks

A backup in itunes merely backs up settings and contacts. Apps bought in the AppStore are registered to your account and are also kept in the iTunes Music folder. Cydia apps can be backed up with pkgbackup.

So if I restore things back to the way they were before the jailbreak it'll redownload all my apps that I've purchased post-jailbreak?

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scubab View Post
    So if I restore things back to the way they were before the jailbreak it'll redownload all my apps that I've purchased post-jailbreak?

Yes, the apps you purchased from the AppStore, regardless of whether they were pre or post jailbreak, will be restored to your phone (provided you specified which apps to sync with your phone)

make sure you sync your phone just before you restore and select the sync applications option as well... this should copy over all bought/stolen apps to itunes.
    but after restore if you don't jailbreak you won't be able to resync the stolen apps.

Thanks for the help, all!

Thanks

SO LET ME GET THIS - I Want to unjailbreak and re jailbreak with red snow on my 3gs it should be no problem?

I never said anything about re-jailbreaking my phone. I just wanted to know the safest procedure to UN-jailbreaking it.

Aye I get what you mean, i new to this too lol The guy above you just wanted to confirm that you could un jailbreak your iPhone and then re jailbreak with a different app etc lol

Thanks

it guess thats technically what i want to do ? Aye =)

excepth the firmware is upgraded
    Last edited by amybest222; 2009-08-05 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost