Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erase iphone without computer?

Default Erase iphone without computer?
    Hello.
    My iphone has been hit and smashed in both the hardware (damn clumsy people) and the software (damn me testing to much).
    iTunes don't recognize the iPhone. The charging cord is poorly fitted into the ihpone which makes it not always charging when plugged-in into the wall and not charged anyway when plugged-in into my iMac.
    Is there anyway to download some sor of program which restores mostly of the iphone or anything like that? If I manage to SSH into the iPhone and erase the right files, shouldn't that make iTuens to see it as a repairable software?

Yours Faithfully,
    Jack Samuelsson

Thanks

You didnt state whether it was working properly or not, (the iPhone), but if it is,

Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings

However, once the iphone has done this, it will tell you to connect to iTunes, so this may not be helpful! But as i said, it does erase everything.

Oh, sorry =)
    Well, the phone morks mostly correctly. The sound has started to disappear sometimes in games and if I turn the phone off, it will reboot. There are some cracks in the screen but they are no problem. Windows will neither recognize the iPhone and will state that the USB is not recognized. I think I'll not erase everything as I won't be able to synchronize before you can synchronize everything wireless. Is that possible as it is for today via SSH or anything?

Edit: Also, there is no problem to charge the phone via the electrical outlet, but it won't take charge via the computer.

Yours Faithfully,
    Jack Samuelsson
    Last edited by Katana; 2009-08-03 at 02:10 PM.