Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak to recover deleted photo?

Default Jailbreak to recover deleted photo?
    So I deleted a photo on m 3GS before syncing with my mac. I can't find a working solution to create a disk image that I can then run data recovery on. Disk for iPhone keeps crashing.

So if I jailbreak my phone, can I then turn around and try to recover the photo? Will jailbreaking it delete or reformat the phone in some way that will not allow me to recover the deleted photo?

After the phone has been jailbroken, how can I recover the photo?

Please help!

Thanks

you can't.

dont think you can, but i could be wrong, there may be a super iphone guru around here that can do it, but I doubt its possible once its deleted. try to recreate the picture and take it again, lol

good luck
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

I actually just got Disk For iPhone to mount a drive for my phone. I'm using FileSalvage, but it is not letting me add the phone disk as a drive to recover from!

FileSalvage will be unable to see the iPhone volume as it's mounted through MacFUSE and not through the Mac OS X Finder.

You could jailbreak your iPhone and install SSH, then remotely login to the phone and push out the data to a disk image on your Mac using DD, and then recover the pictures from your disk image using FileSalvage. Jailbreaking your iPhone and installing SSH could overwrite the data on your iPhone's user partition where some or all of the deleted pictures are located though
    Last edited by FoneWeasel; 2009-08-03 at 10:54 PM.

I ran into the exact same thing the other day.. but couldn't find any details on undeleting files.

pl post back if you find any info.
    Last edited by aqan; 2009-08-04 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost