Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2G OS 3.0 Jailbreak: Settings / Preferences corrupted

Default Iphone 2G OS 3.0 Jailbreak: Settings / Preferences corrupted
    Hi,

after jailbreaking my 2G iPhone with 3.0 firmware I'm missing much of the preferences like settings for Mail, Safari and so on ... all gone!?

How do I get them back.

There are only some settings like Network, General, Springboard, Tweaks.

Same here...did you ever find a fix?

Yes, I've found out that it was "extended prefs" or "boss prefs".

One of them killed my prefs. After removing it I can see my standard preferences again!

K...thanks! I uninstalled it and have my missing app's displayed in my settings, again.

Now if I could figure out why my progress indicator (the little spinning circle) is showing on app's like Mail or Music and in a frozen state.

The frozen spinning circle could have s.th. to do with application permissions.

As far as I know you can fix that with Boss Tool or Boss Prefs?!

I downloaded Bosspref's and installed it but didn't see an option that would allow me to toggle the progress indicator on the different apps that it's showing in. It did go away on the music app, and was only on the mail...now it's no longer on the mail and back on the music app. It did start bouncing on and off like it is now after installing bosspref's.

Hi,

mmmh, as far as I know it was Boss Tool or Boss Prefs and it had a menu "fix application permissions".

Perhaps another member knows more?!

When you fix the permission of the app it should work fine again.

Perhaps there's a way to fix it manualy with SSH or s.th. like that?