Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Firmware 2.2.1 icons messed up! TV Static

Default 3G Firmware 2.2.1 icons messed up! TV Static
    Hi folks. I've been doing a lot of google and forum searches to try and solve my problem, with no solutions yet.

I've been using my 16gb 3G for about 3-4 months now with ZERO problems (Jailbroken and running on Tmobile networks).

Recently something odd has happened. one by one, icon by icon, will slowly convert to what is essentially a picture of static. at first I thought it was just one messed up application, until more and more icons got messed up. at first you'll only see a few pixel lines at the top of the icon change into "television noise", but gradually when you're not paying attention the rest of the icon gets consumed. at one point in time i had well over 7 or 8 apps unrecognizable static. attached below is an example.

Any one else seen this or know how to fix it? I've re-jailbroken and unlocked my phone, reverted to 2.2.0, updated back to 2.2.1, and even restored 2.2.1 without backing up (setup as a new phone).

ideas anyone?

FYI, i haven't wanted to update to 3.0 because I am currently trying to update a friend's phone first before doing my own, but haven't been successful. Phone keeps cycling between zero bars, full signal w/ carrier logo, no carrier logo, and "searching."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.png