Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call log woes

Angry Call log woes
    after restoring a backup , my iPhone is now logging all calls to the same person as individual calls...so the list gets long with just one person out going and incoming. how can i fix this??
    one more thing,before i restored this backup, if i dialed a number that was in my contacts the name would pop up underneath, it doesn't do that anymore, when i hit dial it shows the number but not the name of the person i'm calling.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Restoring from a back up always causes 90% of the problems when upgrading to a new OS. Always set up as a new phone, not restore from a previous back up.
    I would suggest you restore to a fresh 3.0 in iTunes, J/B again and then just sync to get your contacts and music back.

will i get my notes, email and messages back by just syncing?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

No, not by syncing. But there is a way to pull all those files out via SSH and then put them back in. This is the method that I always use. Follow this link and just read the first post.
    You will have to be familiar with SSH and have openssh installed from cydia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

geepriest (2009-07-30)

i'll give it a try..thanks, i appreciate your help.

one more question b4 i dive into this one...what about my apps..will they sync?
    Last edited by geepriest; 2009-07-31 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost