Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't open cydia after failed package installation

Default can't open cydia after failed package installation
    ok, so I added the pwn center repo and then went to install all of it's sources in the repositories list.

it downloaded everything and then during installation the screen went out, iphone rebooted (really slowly, thought it was going to hang at the apple and I'd have to restore AGAIN)

just when I was about to pull the sim and put it in my old phone so I would at least have a phone (I was about to go to sleep)
    it booted.

tried to open cydia, and it comes up then crashes a few seconds later before anything is displayed.

how can I fix this? thanks.

I found this link: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/cydia-s...ml#post3228971
    which I think will be able to help me. also, my question might need to be moved to that section of the forums (didn't realize we had that, sorry.)
    Last edited by brandonloves; 2009-07-28 at 06:33 PM.

I am still having no luck with this... No ideas? Restore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless someone else comes up with an idea, I would feel safe to say that you'll probably need to restore your phone back original...DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP!!!

The one thing about the Cydia App and apps like it, if you reboot your phone and it still consistently won't open, then a restore is your only option; unless of course one of the forum wiz kids knows of a way that ssh'ing into your phone might help; that is a possibility.

Best of luck!

Chris
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

brandonloves (2009-07-31)

Yea, if I could just get ifile or ssh on here somehow without cydia I know I could fix it...

If only there was a legit app in the AppStore with ssh hidden inside... Sort of like a Trojan horse haha
    Last edited by brandonloves; 2009-07-31 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost