Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" is missing

Default "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" is missing
    After I upgraded to 3.0 and jailbroke my iphone 3G, the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" under settings is missing, I have no idea if it was missing before I jailbroke, I never checked. Can someone help me please?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could be your theme (assuming you have one?) My theme was giving me problems before like it would remove all those settings you mentioned, and show me "push" option instead, then I uncheck my theme from WB and the options would show up and "push" would disappear. My theme was set before I upgraded to 3.0, so it changed a few things around. So I went into my theme and deleted some things in the "Bundles" and "Folders" files which gave me all my options back.

I can't quite remember what I deleted but it had something to do with my icon mods in the "settings" app. So...I dunno if that's the case for you but that's what happened to my iPhone 3G.

It can't be my theme, because it still happens even when no themes are selected. It also happens when I put my phone into safe mode.

I did have supreme preferences installed on 2.2.1, and used aptbackup to install all my stuff on 3.0. But it didn't install supreme preferences because it isn't compatible with 3.0 yet. Could this have anything to do with it?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could be. I had to remove files thru ssh because aptbackup keeps the files in the old folders. I ssh into my phone and removed old theme folder, ringtones and others. You have to go in and find these folders they are all scattered but I'm sure you can find it in the applications folder or var/stash area. Don't just delete aptbackup folder if you see one. That won't do you any good since all the other folders are still there. Good luck

Thanks! I'll see what I can find.

I tried to find what you were talking about, but I couldn't find anything. Can you be more specific about what I should delete?
    Last edited by k9srkool; 2009-07-29 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you synced from a backup after the J/B this caused your problem.

But how do I fix it?

Thanks

Restore, re J/B and do not sync from a back up, set up as a new phone.

That takes a lot more work, though. Also, I had "Mail, contacts, calendars" on 2.2.1.

Thanks

Just sayin' 90% or more of all problems that users have with the 3.0 update is that when they were done they synced from a back up. Proven to cause major problems. Always set up as a new phone.
    More work? Seems to me it would be worth the effort to have you phone work properly. Your choice of coarse.

I think I'm going to wait until I can upgrade to and jailbreak the 3.0.1 firmware, and if it's still a problem, then I'll fix it.

Is MobileMail.app hidden?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau Giles For This Useful Post:

k9srkool (2009-08-03)

Yes, it was hidden because I prefer to use the Gmail webapp, and when I unhid it, "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" came back! Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

HELP! I have this problem too, but I never restore from backup, mobile mail isn't hidden, the theme wasn't it, and a full restore is just not appealing! I have sbsettings, bossprefs, tons of apps, are there any other thoughts out there?